Nickname: Mr. Reaper
Project Name: Harmony's Nightmare v1.2
Division: GAME
Platform: Wii
Original Entry: YES
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10: NO

Download: http://web.newsguy.com/a_doom/Harmon...tmare_v1.2.zip

(Please create file mirrors if you want to post this on any other site, so my personal webspace doesn't get overloaded).

This was my original creation (and my first homebrew) which I entered in the NintendoMax competition a couple months back, but I've been working hard to improve it just for the Neo Competition.

It's what I call a Multi-Genre Platform/Reflex/Puzzle/Horror Survival Game, combining various gameplay elements that you might see on other games, all into one continuous narrative....

I don't like to give away too much about it, because I like it to be a surprise for when you play the game.... You have to figure out what to do in the game the first time you play, but it's not difficult to figure out.... However, the game is HARD to beat, hehehe.... Just the way I like it! Don't worry, it's not frustratingly hard (I hope!), just "challenging."

But I think the difficulty had increased in the latest version >: )

Here's what's new in version 1.2

- Lots of minor bug fixes, a sound effect improvement, and several animation improvements/adjustments

- All new Unlockable Story Chapters (and music, kinda)

- Thanks to Titmous' improved sound libraries, the intro and victory music is now in High Quality Stereo.

- I converted all movement in the game to use floating-point precision, resulting in much smoother motion. Now as the levels get faster, they do so much more gradually, instead if in larger jumps as before.

- All levels re-balanced because of this. For example, previously level 2 had the enemies moving at two speeds: "fast" and "slow." Now they can move at 11 different speeds: "fast," "slow," and 9 incremental speeds in between those. Speeds on all other levels were also adjusted in various ways.

- I added support for just about any (common) type of controller you prefer to use:
1. Wiimote
2. Wiimote + Nunchuck
3. GameCube pad (digital or analog controls)
4. Classic Controller (lest recommended -- it doesn't vibrate like the other controllers)

The game will automatically detect your used controller. The Wiimote or GameCube pad are probably the best options.
Note, however, that if you use something other than the Wiimote, the button labels won't be right in the game (it's not hard to figure out, since you really only use 1 button when playing -- the others are for menu options).
For GameCube or Classic Controller, use:
"A" for "Button 2"
"B" for "Button 1"
and "X" instead of "Button A" in the menu.
(and obviously "Start" instead of "Home" on the GameCube pad)

But I'm making it sound complicated, when it's really not... Just give it a try!

You'll love it, or you get your money back! But the game's free... so.... : P ; )
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index....ic,7453.0.html