Thread: PSP database lib?

Question PSP database lib?

Does anyone know if there are any database libraries available for the PSP? I'd like to use SQL if possible. If not, how hard would it be to port libsqlite?

DCEmu Newbie

As SQLite relies only really on file input/output functions I wouldn't think it'd be very hard to port it.

Why do you need to use a database? Can you not format your data into text files and scan through them?

I want to be able to search and index large amounts of text as in a dictionary or encyclopedia. I figure something like SQlite will perform much better than anything I can come up with from scratch. I'd also like to query and order the data using SQL. I'll look into porting sqlite a bit more but please post if anyone has any other ideas.

DCEmu Newbie

For that use I think SQLite is probably your best option. I'll take a look over it too and see if it can be easily ported, I'm sure it'd only be a matter of changing the calls for reading files to make sure they're compatible with the PSP. There's also ALOT SQLite does that you probably won't need too, so better just to try and port the bits you need.

Ask and ye shall receive...
    http://svn.pspdev.org/listing.php?re...%2F&rev=0&sc=0

Thanks kolaaaa!

Thread Information