Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can someone help me?

Default can someone help me?

alright well i am pretty new at this. i got a 60 GB PS3 for xmas. i was talking 2 1 of my friends and he said he thought u culd just download games straight onto the hard drive but im pretty sure you hav 2 hav a mod chip and i dont think they hav those for ps3 yet. anyways i was reading about all this stuff with linux and all that can sum 1 just explain 2 me all this stuff about the ps3 so i understand it more? thanks in advance.

Don't do double posts. Do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman4457 View Post
    Don't do double posts. Do your own research.
    ok well i looked up linux and i kno wut it is. but it said that some might already hav it in it. i can go online on my PS3 but how do i find out if i already hav Linux or not?

DCEmu Old Pro

If you haven't installed it, then you don't have it.

As for saving games, it means the games need to support it, or need to be PS2 games.

Cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhunter View Post
    If you haven't installed it, then you don't have it.

As for saving games, it means the games need to support it, or need to be PS2 games.

Cloudy
    ok well i found a site that has it 2 download but wen i clicked download it said "insert storage media at the save destination" wut does that mean? wut do i hav 2 do or hav 2 download it?

DCEmu Legend

I hate to be That Asshole™ but if you don't understand these simple premises then the Linux and ultimately the PS3 are not for you:

1)You can't just download games for the PS3; first off its illegal and secondly, there hasn't been hacks in that department, so if you did manage to download or backup games you owned into Linux you wouldn't be able to use them.

2)If you can't figure out what "insert storage media at the save destination" means, then have no business using a Computer, much less Linux.

Oh yeah and 3) Linux cannot run PS3 games, nor does it have Graphics Acceleration, so it wouldn't run even if it was possible.

well then can u tell me wut it means so i do have business using a computer, or linux. so ur telling me if i did download linux i wouldnt be able to play PS3 games?

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by whitejimihendrix View Post
    well then can u tell me wut it means so i do have business using a computer, or linux. so ur telling me if i did download linux i wouldnt be able to play PS3 games?
    You can play them, just not in linux. And there is no point in backing up your games because you can't run them, either in Linux or in the PS3 XMB; nor would burning them work (if anyone even has a BD writer, I doubt that).

so do u think it is worth downloading it or not?

DCEmu Legend

I downloaded and installed it because I wanted to try it; but linux is no walk in the park. Plus its not really worth it if you don't have an HDTV; linux just looks too $#@!ty on something that isn't HD and since we can't change the resolution (yet or ever, dont know) it looks like real crap.

If you want to try it by all means, and I'll try and give some pointers where I can, but frankly, until we get a full fledged working Linux install that harnesses all the power of the PS3, I just don't really see the use just yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information