via http://wololo.net/2012/08/22/is-this...-is-all-about/

I’m having a hard time finding stuff to blog about on the PS3 scene. One of the reasons is that I’m much more focused (and knowledgeable) on the PS Vita and PSP scenes, but the other reason is that most of the news-worthy content on the PS3 is, these days, about piracy.

And it’s not even about debating if piracy is good or not, no. If you check the other major PS3 scene websites, since the CEX2DEX hack and the leak of 3.60 keys, 90% of the “news” are basically warez releases. No, I won’t link to those, if you want your dose of piracy, you know where to find them.

Ah, well, don’t get me wrong, I see where this is coming from. The reason isos were not the main discussion topic on the PSP scene was basically because once the first CFW was out there, piracy was child’s play. The games that were actually secured enough that they could resist a few weeks made the headlines of most scene websites, such as for example the infamous Kingdom Hearts: Birth by sleep.

Then again, I can’t help but think that on the PSP scene, there were people hard at work to get all isos to run on a CFW, not just spoonfeeding patched eboots to the community. Honestly I’m not really interested in the process, but is it that hard to automate? Or is it that the people behind those patches enjoy the power they have on the PS3 underground? To me it really feels like a failure as long as CFWs don’t have,embedded within them, the features to patch the games (which is what PRO CFW does on the PSP). Again, I’m sure it’s more difficult than it sounds, but I can’t help but being surprised at the differences between the two “scenes” on that specific point. Could it be that hackers like Virtuous Flame are extremely rare?

I’m sure there’s more to the PS3 scene than Eboot patches. Tons of emulators, or the great Showtime that I have yet to try and review (shame on me, but hey, I just recently got a hackable PS3, so…), etc… What types of articles would you guys want to see about the PS3 Scene?