Super Hexagon, Terry Cavanagh's marvellous but punishing iOS game, was downloaded around 10,000 times in its first three days on sale.
The news was revealed by Cavanagh in an Ask Me Anything on Reddit over the weekend. Cavanagh, the man behind VVVVVV andDon’t Look Back, admits he did not expect Super Hexagon to be so popular.
"It's sold about 10,000 copies in three days, and has been in the top 25 on the iPhone charts," he wrote. "I didn't see that coming at all - I'd really gone into this expecting the game to be a super niche thing that only a tiny handful of iPhone gamers would be interested in, and I'm really glad to be proven wrong."
Cavanagh also revealed that he intends to port Super Hexagon to Android, PC and Mac, and that "a friend of mine has a Blackberry Playbook, so I might give that a shot too for the hell of it." Cavanagh said the possibility of a Vita version using the cross-platform PlayStation Mobile SDK was "cool", but that someone else would have to port it for him. "I wanna spend my limited time making stuff," he wrote, "not working on ports of existing stuff.
It's a richly deserved start for a fantastic game. Our Super Hexagonreview praised its combination of "zen-like design purity with the highest order of twitch-reflex athleticism," calling it "Terry Cavanagh's masterpiece."

http://www.edge-online.com/news/supe...000-three-days