Thread: Command & Conquer: Generals 2 gets single-player after EA backtracks

Blog Entries

Default Command & Conquer: Generals 2 gets single-player after EA backtracks

Command and Conquer: Generals 2 includes single-player, in response to fan feedback. Originally intended as a retail game, EA last month revealedGenerals 2 is now the first 'universe' to be included in the 'Command and Conquer' free-to-play service. Shortly after, developer BioWare Victory saidGenerals 2 didn't include a single-player campaign, but today EA president Frank Gibeau told Polygon otherwise.

"Our intention with Command & Conquer is to create a triple-A experience, and by that I mean we're using Frostbite tech, we're using very high-end graphics," Gibeau said, "Does that mean it's not going to have single-player? No, that's something we've obviously heard loud and clear that is important to people. The beauty of free-to-play, is that we can adjust and adapt to what we're hearing as opposed to, 'I'm sorry, it's two months from ship and it is what it is.' It's a very different model because you don't have to build as much. You build in response to your audience."

Command and Conquer is set to launch next year, with EA planning to incorporate universes from the Tiberium and Red Alert lines.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/10/co...er-ea-backtra/

DCEmu Regular

I hope this is as cool as the first C&C Generals. The last C&C sucked because it was terrible un balanced and un interesting.

Blog Entries

You and me both,ive played every Command and Conquer bar that ruddy fps one since they came out and completed the lot of em but the last one was just weird.

Been playing online with my son lately, little bugger is 10 times the gamer i am.

Thread Information