Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NDS: Datel released Slot-1 cart

NDS NDS: Datel released Slot-1 cart

Yes, Datel has released a new homebrew device... it's called the Max Music. You can read about it here:http://us.codejunkies.com/news_revie...=17&i=9059&s=8
    It is said to play videos, music and launch homebrew. As more programs use DLDI the compatability will be better.:thumbup: It has the same price as a Max Media Dock. $39.99 (£24.99) Enjoy!

Features:

uses microSD cards
    easy card swaping
    listen to music (MP3s)
    watch videos (D3Vs)
    launch Homebrew apps & games
    small, Slot-1
    no Max Media Launcher/Player/PassMe/NoPass
    expanable
    I don't go on here much anymore. Find me on GBAtemp.

Can this be used to load "backed up" games?
    -Xiofire

Quote Originally Posted by Xiofire View Post
    -Xiofire
    Surely not. To make any sort of hardware or software (officially at least) it would have to be approved by nintendo. Nintendo would never allow something that would support backups to be manufactured and sold at your nearest walmart or target.

I am much more interested in if this will support DSlinux or not.

i dont think so either because its called MAX Music.

Quote Originally Posted by kcajblue View Post
    i dont think so either because its called MAX Music.
    I was looking at the older ones (silly compact flash ones) the other day. Even though It says on the front of the Box it is for Music and Movies... On the back it says somthing... stupid... somthing along the lines of...

'runs shareware (homebrew) software.'

which is sort of silly since I have yet to see any "shareware" homebrew software for the DS..

Quote Originally Posted by Xiofire View Post
    -Xiofire
    it won't officially run backups, but i'm sure an "unofficial" loader wll be released by an "unknown team" a few days after release that will allow it to.

Remember maximum overload? that was convieniently released soon after the max media dock, even though no-one at the time knew the I/O of the dock...

Dcemu Coder

Datel wants to sell them and maybe get licensed or something. They wont add that back-up feature. And to be serios: Thats cool. Homebrew dever who wants to get commercial devers are able with that, to send demos to publishers without sending them a device which maight be the death of game selling.
    Its a cart which you could find in one of local stores

the MMD is really a pain anymore except for older stuff that doesn't support DLDI. The music is great, the movies are good quality and with DLDI support in a lot of the great apps are great... everyone wins.

DCEmu Rookie

I don't know how to feel about this one. One of the main complaints against the Max Media Dock was the false advertisement claiming to have .GBA support. For this one, it's not the case because it's ignorant to assume it will support .GBA without a GBA cart.

On the other hand, the Max Media Dock still has compatibility issues with common .NDS homebrew. Will this become a bigger issue as seen with compatibility issues by M3 and SuperCard slot-1 carts?

I think I'll hold out even longer from replacing my Max Media Dock until I see how this one is received and functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this one. One of the main complaints against the Max Media Dock was the false advertisement claiming to have .GBA support. For this one, it's not the case because it's ignorant to assume it will support .GBA without a GBA cart.

On the other hand, the Max Media Dock still has compatibility issues with common .NDS homebrew. Will this become a bigger issue as seen with compatibility issues by M3 and SuperCard slot-1 carts?

I think I'll hold out even longer from replacing my Max Media Dock until I see how this one is received and functions.
    Look who wants GBA homebrew anyway? It's old. Also if you want to launch .nds files better, get the DLDI version of DSOrganize, patch it and rename it bootme.nds it works great (With the stuff you donload from DSO Homebrew Database) don't forget to patch the launcher too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information