Developer Re-logic has announced a partnership with publisher 505 Games to bring its acclaimed sidescroller Terraria to PS3 and Xbox 360.
The game is to be given a digital release on XBLA and PSN platforms sometime in early 2013, and will be developed by Dutch studio Engine Software.
"The block-building genre has taken the world by storm and Terraria has garnered a massive following through its increased focus on adventure and discovery." said Tim Woodley, Head of Global Brand for 505 Games. "We're looking forward to bringing an already hugely successful experience to a brand new console audience and we can't wait for the existing Terraria fan base to experience all-new content."
The announcement also contained word that the PC version has sold 1.6m copies to date.
"I can't say how excited I am to finally have Terraria come to Xbox 360 and PlayStation3," said Andrew Spinks, the creator of Terraria, "To see it come so far is a complete shock, especially after such humble beginnings. It's always been my dream to have as many people as possible know and enjoy Terraria as much as I have, and this is another big step in that direction."

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/indie...la-psn/0102741