Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woman dies of 'water intoxication' after radio contest

DCEmu Regular

I did not see anything in the post to indicate that she had children. It is feasible that she simply wanted a wii for herself. However, if she was in fact trying to win the wii for her children, that radio company had better give them a lot more than just the wii.

The radio station better fork over enough money to support those kids through college. Seriously, a wii is no compensation for a lost mother and a ruined childhood.

Would the kids even want a wii after this contest? Its very namesake was the inspiration that made this tragedy possible.

yea this is a tradgedy. i agree with what iniquitous beast said. they better support the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by iniquitous_beast View Post
    I did not see anything in the post to indicate that she had children. It is feasible that she simply wanted a wii for herself. However, if she was in fact trying to win the wii for her children, that radio company had better give them a lot more than just the wii.

The radio station better fork over enough money to support those kids through college. Seriously, a wii is no compensation for a lost mother and a ruined childhood.

Would the kids even want a wii after this contest? Its very namesake was the inspiration that made this tragedy possible.
    Too Bad. I would not put myself at risk of death for a stupid Wii. I have one now, but I paid for it.

I'm sure the radio station had the contestants sign contracts, waiving any personal liability. Althought it would look bad on their part, to not apologize.

If she had to hold her wee for a Wii, I doubt she could afford college for any of her children anyhow.

There needs to be a Wiimote Television breaking contest, that would be cool. They should call the "The Real Wii Sports".

But seriously I cracked myself in the head, playing the Monkey Ballz Hammer Throw game.

Bottom Line, The Wii will hurt your ass, physically and financially.

MOnkey Ballz?...eh...anyways. if they really wouldnt apoligize, someone should boycott that radio station or refuse to do anything with them until the make amends

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprophet View Post
    And anyone who thinks this is funny is a terrible example of a human being.

The next user that has one wise crack about this awful event will receive a 3 day bann and one guaranteed Permanente infraction point.

So go ahead let those giggles fly

Praytell, where in the rules does it state that you are not allowed to find death funny (and this is a classic case of death by self-inflicted stupidity)?

*Edit by SP.
    Lets put it this way vegetable. I've been at dcemu for a while now. Over time I've gained the respect of my peers. While I can not ban someone for just any reason.
    MY peers do respect me to a point, that if I find something unacceptable, Like the inhuman ridicule of a tragic situation such as this. They will out of respect look the other way. While I Do what i feel must be done.

Meaning vegetable. There are some mods here that would reason with you on this stipulation. However Im not one of them..

If you continue to belittle this tragic situation. I will perm bann you by my own hand.
    And I promise. No one in administration will overturn that decision. out of sheer respect.

Now in light of the way things are. don't you feel its better for you to just walk away from this issue. If not. Id be happy to go a round two with you. However i promise this next time. It wont be a simple 1 day ban.

Thumbs down Oh my. How did that happen

I think you should examine your posts more carefully before you post them there vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-b View Post
    It's not 'holding it in' that kills you. I imagine the station made them load up on water. Drinking too much water in a short space of time is really bad for you. Your body can't process the fluid quickly enough and your brain swells up.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hombrew Hunter View Post
    Actually, human waste will become toxic if it remains in the body for quite a while.

It could have been anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by quzar View Post
    no. that's not it at all. death via water intoxication usually happens because you don't have enough salt in your body water. sodium helps contribute to electrolytes in the body. back in the day people took salt tablets, nowadays we have gatorade. it's kind of like the exact opposite of dying from dehydration.
    Yup, actually you can't drink too much, but if you drink a lot too quickly (we're talking about several liters in a few minutes) it's like you wash out all salt and minerals.

Women need to be even more careful. Because of the menstruation they loose a lot of literally everything a human body needs to live each month.

Some Wikipedia links on this topic:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolyte_imbalance
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

DCEmu Newbie

it may not be funny but it does seem a little stupid that it did happen. the people hosting the competition clearly should have been aware of the possible side effects of consuming too much water. but equally id expect most people in general to be aware of the consequences of too much water, but maybe i'm just expecting too much of people.

I read this in the newspaper yesterday, it sucks.

that sucks. But it does remind me of this video:

(no, I am not saying its funny, its terrable)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information