Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NDS: SNEmulDS v0.3 released with DLDI support

Wow, last time I tried SNES emulation on DS it stopped on seeing logo of Taito in Lufia. Now it's fully playable. Maybe glitchy and has random freezes, but still enough to get me amazed + it has DLDI stuff now, so it's really nice to use

On sidenote, it would be nice if emulation stopped on lid close.

Well, I might finally manage to finish lufia now after all those years if I will be able to play it on bus! :P

DCEmu Rookie

Thanks for making it DLDI compatible. Seems like a really good start to an emulator. I've only gotten a few games to work on it, but perhaps supercard ds one is less compatible than other slot solutions.

I can't wait to play me some Chrono Trigger on my NDS... My only problem at this point with getting it to run properly is everytime I turn it on, I always end up with the same old problems. Glitchy music, bad sprite overlaps, and horrible sound effects.
    Course, what makes all of this better is FFXI, which rocks.

Chrono Trigger won't run correctly in SNEmulDS. The way SNEmulDS loads the games, they have to fit completely within the DS's 4 MB of RAM. Chrono Trigger takes up all 4 MB by itself, so there would be no room for the emulator.

I notice you also posted in the SnezziDS board. Try that instead, as Chrono Trigger is known to work (though with some garbled sound) in SnezziDS v0.28a, downloadable from http://snezzi.pocketheaven.com

when using SnezziDS, be sure to press L+R+Select+Up a few times until you find a background combination that works well.

I don't understand where to put the ROMS for this. I have the max media dock and i put the snes emulator in my games folder along with its patch, and put the games in a folder outside of that one, im not sure if that's correct though. any help?

DCEmu Pro

In the root of the MMD , make a folder called SNES. Place all your roms there. Place the dldi patched emulator anywhere. Run SNEmulDS. SNEmulDS compatibility seems a little dodgy but hey some cool games work.

Also note that this is an older version of the emulator. Archeide recently released v0.4 alpha, and although some games no longer boot, speed and compatibility is generally increased for all games. The upcoming beta is supposed to fix the games that no longer boot in v0.4 alpha. This is because he switched to a new CPU core for v0.4, and he forgot to implement a major opcode, which causes some games to not boot at all.

awsome ill give it a shot, do you know a good site to get roms? i have a few from years ago but im not even sure where to get more of them.

tnx

how do you even put the patch on the emulator? Im sorry im tottaly new at this stuff.

I cannot answer your first question. Use Google.

To patch it, go to http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI to download the patch file, the patcher program, and the GUI if you don't know how to use the command shell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information