Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Interfacing with PSP-290 GPS unit from Sony

DCEmu Newbie

Hi guys !

I just got a GPS-290. the test proggie with the provided prx worked for me (running on a 3.10OEA' psp 310kernel mode)

Thanks a lot Deniska for your work, and to evrybody who made this possible

I just tried to use the test proggie with 3.11 prx, but it didn't work for me :\ any ideas ? (I use the latest psardump and pressed "O")

so no newer prx than 2.71 usbacc 3.03 usbgps do work ??

EDIT: 303 of both prx extracted from fw with "O" didn't work either for me :\

3.03 gps prx's seem to work fine for me...

Quote Originally Posted by schlumerace View Post
    I just got my PSPgps290 today but i am having problems. I am currently using the 2.71usbhost file and the 3.03 usbgps file. I am on 3.03OE-C. Using the test program i get results right away. I get on average 8 sats in view and locked on to 6 most of the time. This is inside my house by the way. I live in Michigan about 15 miles north of Detroit. Now i am running MapThis! .48. But for some reason it never connects to the sats. i've let it sit for 10 minutes with no results. My fakefeed is set to 0 but i still cant figure out the glitch.
    Capture and post the gps-info screen in mapthis.

Default nm i got it

Hey densika, you are amazing. I just was letting you know i got it to work. what i did was dumped teh 3.03 firmware and used those prx. I also realized that i need teh gps face to point directly at the sky. I was in downtown detroit today and had about 4 bars of signal and it was working great. althought there were a few times when the signal would get low and i was apparently driving through buildings but other then that it worked great. I also downgraded to .47, it just seemed to work better. anways thanks for replying so quickly.

DCEmu Newbie

hi!

say, i have a question!
    apart from the GPS stuff, how is the USB handled? i mean the psp's usb is not supposed to be usbhost right? so is the gps receiver real USB or some kind of non-standard stuff on a USB connector?

is the psp-290 a kind of serial-via-USB guest? but it's powered ?

the wondering behind this is simply "if we can plug a camera and a GPS module, then why not any USB peripheral? more selfishly why not my 1.8 HDD ?! "

Hi

Major problem guys. have tried 3.03 and 2.71 prx files.

Have TA-082 psp, and have tried with 3.03 OE C and 3.10 OE software.

My GPS-290 comes up as in the off state. Map This doesnt detect it. The Green prog crashes / just shows loading USB GPS.

Has anyone had this problem? know a fix?

[edit]
    I messed around with the prx files, and now I can get the green proggie going, but the gps state is still in off.
    http://i12.tinypic.com/2afcz2e.jpg

If i start the program without the GPS plugged in, the screen shows exactly the same.

Any ideas? if anyone can send me a prx set which the verified works with their gps, that would be great. skiingdomo # gmail . com

cheers

hey guys just letting you know that play-asia is having a one week sale on the GPS-290 which now is $47.92.

hurry up before time runs out! this sale ends April 5th

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1mij.html

Default 0 Satillites

Hi, i was just trying out my new PSP-290 GPS receiver which i bought specifically for "Map This!" by Densika. Having some problems, 0 satellites... I find nothing, Im using 3.10 OE-A' and i read that people with my firmware were able to get at least this GPS testing utility to work. I have the 3.10 prxs in the camprx folder and the GPS_290_TEST folder in the 310 folder, is there anything else I'm doing wrong, because no matter how clear the sky, I'm just not getting any satellites at all, it;s like it's not even searching for anything... If possible, some who know anf can help me, plz send me a PM or post a reply to me here... Thank you...

DCEmu Newbie

Dunno if this has been mentioned or not but the reason some people might be having issues may be releated to idStorage when they downgraded there psp's. It seems a few keys were left behind, most noticable is one that is directly related to USB. Apps like psp extream link wont run. Anyway there is a new program out there called KeyCleaner I tried it it did fix my problems. These were not related to psp-290 or mapthis. I have no idea if this will help or not, its just an idea. I dont even have a psp-290 I have a GPSslim-236..

DCEmu Newbie

hello,
    I have a probleme...my gps 290 do not function
    on my psp TA.082 (downgrade in 3.03 OE-C).
    I read that the problem came from the idstorage...
    can you help me?

thanks

ps: I'm french and I don't speak english very well...sorry!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information