Channel 4 has commissioned a bespoke game for Hotel GB to further engage viewers and boost the already comprehensive Hotel GB multiplatform offering.

Created by Dundee based Tag Games the Hotel GB themed game will be available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices and will launch just ahead of the show's first episode on October 1st. It will be completely free for viewers to download and play.

The game will allow players to run their very own Hotel GB offering them a chance to find out just how challenging a job in the hospitality industry can be. Players must try to run as slick an operation as possible, training staff up, and attempting to expand the hotel as much as possible.

Team leaders from the new prime time Channel 4 series - Gordon Ramsay and Mary Portas - will appear in the game as avatars, coming round to check up on players progress, offering constructive feedback on players' performance, and for a job done well, allowing a bigger and glitzier hotel than before.

Players who manage to cope with a range of special event, keep demanding guests happy and pass Mary & Gordon’s inspections will get to expand the hotel to add restaurants, bars, lounges, bedrooms, and more. When things get too much and time's tight, players can even resort to deploying a cunning array of traps to delay Gordon and Mary checking up on their progress.

Players can update their friends on progress in their very own Hotel GB through the featured Facebook and Twitter integration.

Colin Macdonald, Channel 4 Commissioning Editor for Games, said of his first commission "As soon as I heard about the show it struck me how perfect its content was for a game, and it's been a real pleasure working with Tag Games who've created it for us. I very much look forward to seeing who’s able to build the highest and best hotel!"

Paul Farley, Managing Director, at Tag Games said “Tag Games has been delighted to work with Channel 4 on such an exciting project. Having the country’s top celebrities working together in close proximity, and for a good cause, is sure to offer some amazing fly on the wall situations. Not only will Hotel GB make for compulsive television viewing, we trust mobile game players will find the game just as enjoyable”.