Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 8 gig ProDuo Memory Stick - Update

Default 8 gig ProDuo Memory Stick - Update

While browsing around Sony-Style (*shudders*) I came across the 8gig Pro Duo. As expected, it does indeed have the steep price tag of $300 (approx £152), and is expected to ship in the US on or before February 19, 2007 . 8 GB storage capacity with 7.35 GB available and Minimum write speeds of 15 Mbps2.

In my opinion, the good thing to come from this is the possibility of a price drop in 4 gig sticks, however, Would you be prepared to pay such an amount for the 8 gig produo?

Check the official Sony-Style item description here.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

DCEmu Newbie

What a RIPPP!!!!!! Here's what I want to do but can't afford to, buy one of those 4gb HDD and replace the microdive with a 30gb laptop drive.

DCEmu Newbie

"Would you be prepared to pay such an amount for the 8 gig produo?"

i would consider it if i had the money laying around. I recently got my hands on a 1GB stick and just about died. i'll be picking up a 4gb stick when prices drop. What i am hoping for though is for someone to make a SATA adapter, why you ask? because a company presented 3 Solid state SATA drives at CES. they are about the size of a USB pen drive the 3 sizes included 32GB 64GB and 128GB

128GB Mem stick anyone?

DCEmu Legend

Its very amusing that this memory card, ideal for the PSP and would allow the PSP to better compete with other multimedia devices, costs MORE than the PSP does.

$300.00 is a ripoff indeed. I'm no expert in the manufacturing and production costs of memory cards but I highly doubt the cost of materials and production come anywhere near $300.00.

I know a lot of money was probably spent on research and development and that is one reason why they are not cheap. But damn, $300.00?

Whatever, I too will just keep my eyes peeled for good deals or price drops on 4GB sticks.

wonder if 8gig sticks work in 303oe,wont get one if they dont. yea i would pay £152 if it worked. i was considering buying a 4gig when they came out but i got one as a pressy a few months after (yay) and theese are only a bit more than the 4gig on release

peace

PSP User

Way too expensive, but think of all the PS1 games you could put on it!!! And only 7.35 GB worth of usable space? Why so much unusable space?

DCEmu Rookie

Default Stick

I wait for the SANDISC 8gig one(if they ever make one).They are cheaper and faster

I actually also own a LEXAR 1gig. This time last year they got bashed for no good reason.
    I've owned mine for exacty one year. I use it very frequently, and it is still way faster than the produo and has been extremley reliable.

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

i have two of them in mind as of now unless psx games decrease dramaticaly in size.

Wow, 300$. Thats alot of money for extra space...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information