Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IGN picks PS3 as best new console of 2006

i have to be honest i have played my wii less and less since igot it at christmas, and lol i have been playiong resident evil 4, this is why i think the 0s3 is going to be my console, when the bastrds release it in the uk

Well I don't normally agree with IGN or Gaming Awards for that matter but thank you for Finally saying it... yes the Wii is cool, but the PS3 is so damn powerful!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by sinjinn View Post
    i think the ps3 is the best new console.
    the wii is quirky and fun but for traditional gaming it isnt as good, no graphic power. and the xbox 360 is noise pollution and closed off.
    the ps3 however has linux ... and powerful and is gonna get all the support AND .......is NOT noisy like the noisebox 360 , and will therefore not give u headaches while watchign high def movies
    there was a post made on the wii boards yesterday that actually concluded that the xbox360 was the quietest of the three machines....

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pedersencato View Post
    Well I don't normally agree with IGN or Gaming Awards for that matter but thank you for Finally saying it... yes the Wii is cool, but the PS3 is so damn powerful!
    But didn't David beat Goliath? Yay, all that power and nothing to utilize it. Sounds like a real winner to me. It already runs rather hot, and though I'm not completely sure, won't this cause problems after 6 months, a year, maybe even a little further down the road.

Anyways, the 360 is nowhere near as loud as a standard Xbox fan with the 12v mod. Ever stand next to a jet? Yeah, it's that loud. Personally, noise doesn't bother me, or many others for that matter, especially during a multiplayer game, it's not even noticeable.

DCEmu Rookie

I'm rather underwhelmed with the Wii, but its pricepoint and novelty clearly make it a family favourite. I'll get one when it is cheap, although I am tempted by some of the used Gamecube bundles at the moment - 50ukp gets you a gamecube, extra controller and a bunch of the best games for it.

Nothing about the 360 has floated my boat yet. All of the games I've tried in shops have "issues" relating to framerate or simply don't blow me away in HD like I thought they would/should. Maybe we were spoiled with the best of the Xbox and PS2 games. Personally I still think they had a year or so of top life left in them before they started to look dated.

PS3? Again, I'll get one when they are cheap. Looks powerful but the software will be the killer. I bought a PS2 as soon as GT3 came out. I couldn't wait any longer! But since then I bought about 5 PS2 games, and about 20 Xbox games. The Xbox is/was the next Dreamcast. And whilst I'm at it I'll just throw in that I thin kthe Dreamcast was the best console ever )

Well most interesting hardware... hmm have a think about this ign.... hmm a controller that revoloutionises gameplay? Hmm... you ever thought the sales wii has made... stupid award. They will eat thier words later on in the year.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Demolition49 View Post
    They will eat thier words later on in the year.
    Or try and bury them under the carpet. Just kidding.

The Wii looks good, I have yet to play it, but the way it has been treated as of late by developers, Nintendo might as well stuck with the DS and its graphics. Little effort is being put into the Wii by the third parties and that is why people say "it's only a fad", because only Nintendo is churning out decent games (again, from an outsider observation) and everyone else is using it as an ATM. I see the most potential for insane gaming from the Wii (scrolling shooters, flight games, FPS, fighting games, and even a new form of pinball) but the developers are really dropping the ball (everyone brings up Wii Boxing, FarCry, and Red Steel as evidence that the potential isn't there).

The PS3 is most capable of playing the same ol', same ol' but prettier and with tilt. It's a safe console when compared to the novelty that is the standard Wii remote and therefore the potential is more present: Cool looking same ol' with tilt (no hate).

I was at JoyStiq reading comments and read a few regarding Lost Planet, a new game for the 360. I have not played the game, but most commentary was along the lines of "it plays kind of shoddy but it's f'cking beautiful". This reassured me that the PS3, once fully developed (or, according to SONY, reached only half of its full potential), will be taking in a lot of graphic fans.

Twilight Princess was a beautiful game to me, may not look the most realistic compared to the 360 or PS3, but its still beautiful

I think the Wii will end up like the DS, when the DS first came out, it was strange and only had a few good games, but now that developers have figured out how to use the touch screen well, better and better games have started coming out for it

WARIOWARE FTW lol

Hmm..
    I didn't know about the linux thing - maybe I'll get one in a couple of years

The PS3 IS INCREDIBLE! I own one and think its amazing. It has its flaws, but what system doesnt? The LinuxOS completely makes the ps3 win in all categories, NES, VLC, SNES, VNC, IE, and much more totally make this system pure pwnage!

NINTENDO WII IS A PERIPHERAL! ENOUGH SAID!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information