Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PSP: Dark_Alex featured in EDGE magazine!!!

DCEmu Newbie

wondering whether to hire him (or indeed her) or have him shot.
    is it so serious so Dark_Alex has the yakuza after him ?

could we carefully word an email as a community and send it to edge, saying it is from "DCEmu, the Homebrew and Gaming Network."? they might even print something like that.

great job DaX

to everyone misinterpreting the article:

try reading between the lines...no, better yet, actually read the lines...properly.

all that was posted in the article is true, the explosion of illegal file sharing was horrendous, and more to the point the level or behind closed curtains warez trade is at a truly awful level. EDGE being the magazine it is, with a legitimet support group must stay within the confines of supporting the law. and the article does more to hurt the increasingly bad appearance of Sony's games managment. and my view from the piece is more of pitiful irony on Sony's part, than a quick dig, and generalisation of the PSP homebrew community.

Sick, maybe soon he will become widely known around the globe...but not to get carried away here...

Great going Dark_AleX!

My only real fear is: what are going to do when programmers like DaX and Noobz and others begin working for the likes of Sony and the other large conglomerates? If DaX can break it, he (she?) can build it. You can kiss this scene goodbye in that case. Sony having competant security programmers will force us to buy whatever they want. Imagine games that expire in a month and you'd have to repay a fee to reactivate the game. Far-fetched yes, but without programmers like DaX, who's to stop them.

On a sidenote, is this clip real or a hoax? I haven't seen anyone mention this before. Someone downgrades a PSP FW 3.02 to 2.80. Not sure if this was the tread for this but please remove (rather move) if necessary. Hi and Bye all!

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by accordian boy View Post
    to everyone misinterpreting the article:

try reading between the lines...no, better yet, actually read the lines...properly.

all that was posted in the article is true, the explosion of illegal file sharing was horrendous, and more to the point the level or behind closed curtains warez trade is at a truly awful level. EDGE being the magazine it is, with a legitimet support group must stay within the confines of supporting the law. and the article does more to hurt the increasingly bad appearance of Sony's games managment. and my view from the piece is more of pitiful irony on Sony's part, than a quick dig, and generalisation of the PSP homebrew community.
    You see, I don't see it that way. EDGE chose the illegal consequences of DA's custom firmware and reported SOLELY on that. The homebrew scene stands up for itself in regard to piracy, yet there was no mention of that. There was also no mention of any of the other features of DA's custom firmware.

I am sorry man, but if this article had a truly unbiased view of the homebrew scene they would not have focused the entire article on the PIRACY that resulted from DA's work.

No offense, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this article is not the kind of publicity that DA needs, nor even reports on the good things of the homebrew scene.

What gave me hope in seeing it from your point of view was that box in the bottom left, that mentions DS Homebrew. That gave me hope that maybe EDGE does care for homebrew. But then again, the DS can't run ISOs...

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    You see, I don't see it that way. EDGE chose the illegal consequences of DA's custom firmware and reported SOLELY on that. The homebrew scene stands up for itself in regard to piracy, yet there was no mention of that. There was also no mention of any of the other features of DA's custom firmware.

I am sorry man, but if this article had a truly unbiased view of the homebrew scene they would not have focused the entire article on the PIRACY that resulted from DA's work.

No offense, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this article is not the kind of publicity that DA needs, nor even reports on the good things of the homebrew scene.

What gave me hope in seeing it from your point of view was that box in the bottom left, that mentions DS Homebrew. That gave me hope that maybe EDGE does care for homebrew. But then again, the DS can't run ISOs...
    please, understand that the article is about DA opening up the ability to play most psone games on the PSP, like i stated before, the article is not about exploring all the features of an open firmware, EDGE advocated the homebrew scene very strongly in a past article at the start of the PSPs life...before the advent of the huge piracy boom we now have. Yes it is unfortunate that the piracy aspect overpowers the achievments of DA in the article, but it is more unfortunate that the piracy of the psp media is overshadowing the achievments of DA in reality.

the true shame is that the members here at DCEMU are a minority, and even some members have an adverse effect on the commercial entertainment industry.

surely the strength of this industry should be of more concern, because without it we wouldnt have these features in the first place.

———————————————————————
    sided note: the idiots at pspu copied this news, and got my name wrong, and are accepting 'diggs' for the article... i hate those b@st@rd$

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information