Thread: Pirate Battle Rises From The Deep

Blog Entries

NDS Pirate Battle Rises From The Deep

via kotaku

Well this is a relief. Pirate Battle is a little game that, ever-so-quietly, became the DS title I craved above all others last year. Seriously. Think Fire Emblem and Advance Wars. But with pirates. I know. Awesome.

But last year the game, for want of a better pun, sunk without a trace. No news, no new screenshots, no trailers, nothing. I even contacted them begging, pleading for confirmation the game was still on-track. But nothing.

Guess I didn't say the magic word, because Go Nintendo have been assured by developers Orbital Media that the game is still on-track. The GBA version (which was due to launch alongside the DS version...no, I don't see the point either) has walked the plank (ANOTHER PUN), but the DS one is still alive and kicking, and Orbital Media are even promising the game will appear on "another" system. Good news all round, then.

wow awesome! fire emblem and advance wars are awesome (along with orge tactics)... i'm a HUGE fire emblem fan though... i wear my fireemblem shirt just about everyday (i'm required to wear a black shirt with minimal logos) .....
    i love pirate games.... (even the crappy ones.. because it's such an untouched genre)
    i'll be picking up this title for sure!

Thread Information