Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Firm Weare on a break?

Default Custom Firm Weare on a break?

Ya i know i can check DAX's offical site for the Custom FW updates but it's been a while scince 3.03 OE-B and i was wondering if anybodies herd about a new CFW comming soon to a home near us i have no possible idea what a new one could do but maby it could allow better playing of popstation by imputing state saving or something? idk but if theres any word id like to know so i can excited for the homebrew scene which apears to be dying...

just because there isnt a bunch of things happening all the time doesnt mean that the homebrew scene is dieing. Every user says that! Why? I have no idea. I have not heard any word of a new custom firmware, there really isnt any need for one at the moment. Everything seems to be at its best from my perspective. Also why does it have to be the homebrew scene thats dieing. I say this, the homebrew scene is doing way more than what Sony is doing themselves which is sad because the psp is there hardware and there letting the homebrew scene OWN them. So please don't always assume that the homebrew scene is die just because custom firmwares are not coming out every day.

Also iv seen no sign of slow down.

Recent releases-

-x-flash (along with icon packer, great way to customize your psp)
    -psp7800(atari 7800 emulator)
    -new MapThis! beta

How is the Homebrew scene dieing?

answer- IT IS NOT!

Also there are loads of playability tiome for the psp to hold anyone to a wait for a custom firmware.

hence-

Play any ps1 game (FULLSPEED)
    play cps2, neogeo MVS, cps1

Just right there, theres about over 100 hours of gaming playability.

So please don't assume a scene is dieing.........

yeah, i was wondering why people say that,,
    gunntims0103 as you said it is not, people don't appriciate coders for their work, some coders are doing their best on modifying their apps or games.... thats why it takes time to release stuff, besides that there so many things that were released for your needs.......... blegh me tired.......

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gunntims0103 View Post
    just because there isnt a bunch of things happening all the time doesnt mean that the homebrew scene is dieing. Every user says that! Why? I have no idea. I have not heard any word of a new custom firmware, there really isnt any need for one at the moment. Everything seems to be at its best from my perspective. Also why does it have to be the homebrew scene thats dieing. I say this, the homebrew scene is doing way more than what Sony is doing themselves which is sad because the psp is there hardware and there letting the homebrew scene OWN them. So please don't always assume that the homebrew scene is die just because custom firmwares are not coming out every day.

Also iv seen no sign of slow down.

Recent releases-

-x-flash (along with icon packer, great way to customize your psp)
    -psp7800(atari 7800 emulator)
    -new MapThis! beta

How is the Homebrew scene dieing?

answer- IT IS NOT!

Also there are loads of playability tiome for the psp to hold anyone to a wait for a custom firmware.

hence-

Play any ps1 game (FULLSPEED)
    play cps2, neogeo MVS, cps1

Just right there, theres about over 100 hours of gaming playability.

So please don't assume a scene is dieing.........
    its not really exciting, i like stuff to give me a jump,

something that would great news if a n64 emu came out of nowhere and was full sped and compat

ya thats wat i ment the stuff that is relesded is nice but nothing to big a full running n64 wiould be nice than i could have ssb on the go

damm man i really wanna learn how to code, i talked to wally a little while ago and he said that he might take on an n64 project but he is not that sure about it.

yea n64 would really cheer me up so much you will see strmnrnmn (sorry if i spelled it rong) make a return though

and thus, 2 weeks after a full speed n64 emulator comes out for the psp users will say, "The scene is dieing! Why arnt there new releases", Users are never satisfied, users seem to think apps, emu's, and games can be released everyday.

why isnt a dreamcast emu out yet! OMG the scene is dieing
    users need to get a grip. Be glad that the scene has even gotten this far!

DCEmu Old Pro

Ahem guntims you are very sensible, but way to sensible, lots of people always want things yes, but we dont really whine about it . (some do not i) anyway LIKING for a release is not w wrong thing, you're kind of saying that wishing for something is bad

yes were all glad to have a great psp homebrew scene, but if coders take everything from us like an insult, how must we improve anything? how are we suppose to make changes to our homebrew

i think you differentiate such people called whiners and
    some people wish of you

please were not blood thirsty for something, its something we would wish to see but were are not forcing responsibility on anyone to finish the task, so please dont say were whipping anyone for this

im really happy the homebrew scene got far but were just wishing for something, its not that very much of insult or scold

my comments are definitly not a scold or an insult. Its just iv seen so many comment's on how the psp scene is dieing simply because something hasn't been released or updated yet! Users just need to be patient and wait until a release or update is created.

Im sorry to be a downer but i don't think a N64 emulator for the psp will ever be created full speed for the simple fact that coders have lost interest in it. sttrrrnnmmm was the closest but he left before full speed was implamented, but who knows maybe someone out in the world is enjoying a full speed N64 emu and never decided to release it as its pretty much possible.

Also the custom firmware updates by DAX soully depends on the updates from Sony for the most part. Its not really a slow down on his part its a slow down on Sony's part because there the ones that come with the firmware that DAX hacks. If they don't provide the firmware then how can he update the custom firmware? I know your going to say, "o well he can update the popstation compatibility or create better compression. Maybe even add direct flash1 and flash0 access via the recovery menu. All this is irrelivent for the time being. Popstation is perfect from my experience and the custom firmware is great! I see no need or a update right at the moment. When somethings perfect, its hard to think that it can get better........

Dude wth, just because there aint new stuff it means the scene is deing, the scene as at is best as gunntims said. Also making new apps and stuff is hard maybe you should try doing some of it instead of just waiting for other to make stuff for you.. Have you ever wondered why DAX even does CFW, Im sure he has other stuff do to but just to make US happy this guy ( and others ) work their a*ses off for us and all you want is more??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information