Thread: Sony readies PSP for launch in Singapore

Blog Entries

Default Sony readies PSP for launch in Singapore

The PlayStation Portable is set to take a bow in South East Asia for the first time on May 12th, with Sony preparing to launch the handheld platform in Singapore on that date.

The high-tech city-state is the only country in the region to receive an official launch of the PSP thus far - and only the third country in Asia as a whole, after the Japanese launch just before Christmas and the planned South Korean launch next month.

As yet, it's not been confirmed which titles will launch with the PSP in Singapore, or whether the device will ship with online capabilities, as it will in South Korea. However, further details are expected to emerge at a special press preview event a week ahead of the retail launch, on May 5th.

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

If only they bothered launching it in the UK!

Yeah, don't they realise that we have lots of cash to be spent!!!

It's a good strategy for them anyway to release it in UK late.. all the hype will build up from the internet/news and people showin their imported psp's off so when they are released in UK it means they can sell alot more and have a HUGE launch lineup that may crush the DS.. and shops like GAME/GAMESTATION will probably have some awesome deals etc..

It's worth the wait for people who can resist the urge to import.

DCEmu Newbie

The only potential problem with that is how many can Sony produce? ... with Japan and the US having approx 2.5million units allocated, if the Korean and Singapore release has another 750,000 units between them then Sony will have reached its 3 million target for the year (and there will still be a requirement for more units from these markets after launch), Sony may not be able to produce enough units for a European launch (would guess they would need a minimum of 500,000 units).

Anyway it IS an amazing console, only had it 2 days and my smile hasnt dropped ... just received Wipeout and its brought back good memories from my PSOne days, brilliant game (tough though a little too quick for my old fogey reactions) 8-)

Corpsical

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsical
    The only potential problem with that is how many can Sony produce? ... with Japan and the US having approx 2.5million units allocated, if the Korean and Singapore release has another 750,000 units between them then Sony will have reached its 3 million target for the year (and there will still be a requirement for more units from these markets after launch), Sony may not be able to produce enough units for a European launch (would guess they would need a minimum of 500,000 units).
    I only need them to produce one MINE!!!!
    (is the frustration of waiting begining to show?)

Angry

whats even cheekier about 'Sonys Strategy' is that we will get it last (we always get things last) and then we will end up paying much much more than other countries pay for their PSPs - we always do - the Value Pack is $250, which converts to £133.64, now, when the PSP is out in September (hopefully Sept 2005 ) then i will put money on the price not being lower than £150 (tbh i think itl be £149 when its out, if it is any less i will be very shocked) - £150 converts to $280.30, which is very very cheeky indeed. The games are the same too, theyre around $50 which is about £30 or so, the games will all be about £40 each - Also, the Euro PSP is rumoured to have a different screen than the JAP one (a worse one) which means they are cutting even more corners to scrap more money out of us !! ... i think il stop now, the more i type the more pi**ed off i get !!

the bottom line is, they know it will make money, knocking the release date back is just plain mean, JUST RELEASE THE DAMN THING SONY!!!

and YES Vimes - it is starting to show, and i feel for you - remember, all good things come to those who wait (uve waited too long tho )

Thread Information