Thread: More Info about Last hope from NG:DEV team

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Dreamcast More Info about Last hope from NG:DEV team

posted on their English Blog:

A Hope for Dreamcast

Monday, January 22, 2007

While preorders are already accepted by various international retailers Last hope for Dreamcast will be released on January 31, 2007.

We've made Last Hope for Dreamcast more accessible, added visualizations of boss hit zones and made it easier to differ between bullets and explosions. For experienced players we've included the original NEO·GEO game mode which means speedier bullets and a harder difficult setting. To stay arcade typish, the original Dreamcast Arcade Stick is next to the standard Controller fully supported. You also can save your game progress and score on your Visual Memory Unit as usual.....

On a sidenote, in agreement with the publisher we've decided to release this Dreamcast version first. An release date of the NEO·GEO CD version isn't estimated yet.

Not much longer to wait now!

Sounds good. I know a few people who've played the AES cart, and said the game sucks. Maybe these new modifications in the Dreamcast version will change their minds.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ShmupFighter View Post
    and said the game sucks.
    Source ?

I've heard, the game'd be superb:

Daddelkingz Review (Babelfish Translation): 4/5

Mini Review at Neo-Geo.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn, Admin of Neo-Geo.com
    Mini review:
    I received the prototype of Last Hope from the developer in May of 2004 and considering the unknown source my expectations were quite low. Not 11 meg Digger Man low, but I wasn’t expecting to be wow’d, no pun intended. I was immediately impressed with the graphics, sound effects, and the music. My 1st thought was that this must be some sort of port or rip from another system. No way would someone invest this kind of time into developing a game for the Neo without any solid reassurance of a release.

Last Hope is a challenging shooter, not a game you can beat in one night, not even if set to easy mode. The play style is in the category of R-Type, Last Resort, and Pulstar, requiring a strategy to progress (memorization of patterns). When you die, you are ported back to a restart point, and there are multiple restart points per stage. I also remember power ups and add-ons for your ship, but not a life bar, so there is not much room for many errors. This is definitely a game that will require a long while to master.

I also didn’t experience any glitches, which says a lot of time was already spent debugging. It’s clear that some talented programmers were involved in developing this new game and it would be a shame if it never saw some form of release.

Nice, we will get the Dreamcast version before the NEO·GEO CD version

Quote Originally Posted by Christuserloeser View Post
    Source ?
    I won't mention any usernames. But you will find such people over at the shmups.com forum.

You mean "BIG" ? He seems to be ...well, not exactly a trustful source... ^^

Default Forgive my stupidity but....

Is this going to play on american dreamcasts? Or is this another japan only release like Radligy?

I loved the game on neo and would love to see it come to my dreamcast, but I dont have a japanese one.

Quote Originally Posted by tonythekitty View Post
    Is this going to play on american dreamcasts? Or is this another japan only release like Radligy?

I loved the game on neo and would love to see it come to my dreamcast, but I dont have a japanese one.
    Since it's and unofficial game, it will be region-free

Thread Information