Thread: Install a bigger HD in your PS3

Blog Entries

ps3 Install a bigger HD in your PS3

via joystiq

Sixty gigabytes not enough for you to store all your pictures and movies on your PS3? Sure, you could use a USB hard drive to expand the space, but that's much too easy. For those masochists that just need to have that extra storage inside the system casing, there's now a MySpace page with detailed advice on how to install any 3.5" drive in your system.

For those of you who just need to have every USB device you own hooked up to the PS3 at the same time, the site also has video instructions for installing a USB hub to expand the four ports included with the system. Personally, we're too busy playing Resistance: Fall of Man to take the time to do any of this stuff, but for the hardware fetishists out there, go nuts.

More Info

Ah, this is brilliant to know, since I want to get a PS3 and install a bigger hard drive inside without messing the machine up.

DCEmu Newbie

sadly, I was only able to get the 20 Gig PS3 so a bigger HDD would be great! But I wonder about more heat problems! As far as the USB ports, the system worked great using a standard USB 1.1 hub that was made for the PS2! I have not attempted to use my USB 2 hub yet (if someone needs me to test it, let me know!) A lucky thing for me is the PS3 allows standard memory card readers with no problems! (the photo viewer is pretty damn cool!) Heres the list of things I have connected with no problems:
    USB Hub
    Eye Toy
    PS2 Head Set
    HP USB Optical Mouse
    PS2 USB Keyboard
    Dazzle memory card reader
    (had also hooked up my wifes Blue Tooth Headset with no problems!)
    ---- if anyone here would like to try the cam/voice chat (have not tested it yet) look me up... my user ID is: frostmoon

(yeah...my PS3 user name is missing the "y"...anyone know if there is a way to fix it?)

Thread Information