Site: Buy from Brando
    Price: $7.00

Overview : Component Video connection from PS3 to TV with component input

Features :
    • Component-Video Connection from Playstation 3 to TV with component input
    • Offers high quality signal
    • Support 1080i/720p HDTV System
    • Length: 1.8 Meters

Quality/Usability : Like any home consoles, they all come with composite cables. No one likes composite cables especially if you have a high-definition TV set. Eventually, as all home owners buy new TVs, future home consoles will have component cable included as everyone will/should have HDTV already.

With the price you paid for the PS3 whether its the 20GB or 60GB, you want your moneys worth (besides software support). Dragonplus has entered the market with their first PS3/PS2 Component/AV Cable. The cable not only works on your PS3 but your PS2 as well. The cable is compatible with 1080i/720p HDTVs.

The cable shows picture clarity and brighter colors for the PS3. better than the composite cables. Edges are not as blurred and the edges are more defined. The colors with the component cable are slightly brighter than they are with composite.

With the PS2 connected, there wasnt much improvement over the Official cables that came with the system. There might have been a slightly better picture clarity and brighter colors but I couldnt tell with the naked eye.

Conclusion : Overall, the PS3 Component Cable is a nice alternative for the PS2 but for the PS3, its an improvement over the composite cables. You'll definitely notice a difference in color and texture. This is a nice temporary solution until Sony comes out with one or a permanent one. Its up to you. For the price tag of $7, you cant go wrong. Although there is the HDMI option (if your TV supports it).

Images via comments
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

I accept with the price you paid for the PS3 whether its the 20GB or 60GB, you want your moneys worth (besides software support). Dragonplus has entered the market with their first PS3/PS2 Component/AV Cable. The cable not only works on your PS3 but your PS2 as well. The cable is compatible with 1080i/720p HDTVs.

i just need it.

pls. contact me

DCEmu Pro

The problem with using component cables with PS2 is that there is no system-wide Progressive Scan or widescreen setting for games. Each game has to be individually set up for 16:9, and only a few games actually support progressive scan (and almost none of them, if any, can be configured to automatically run in progressive).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ith_HD_support

Thread Information