Thread: Wiinja - Wii Modchip?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Wiinja - Wii Modchip?

Hello people, this is my first post here, nice to meet you all.

I just received an email from a friend, he sent me the link of an online store which sells a modchip called "Wiinja". It claims to boot PAL and NTSC backups. Has anyone of you ever heard of it? could it be really working or just a fake?

I'll post the link here, if this breaks some forum rules please forgive me, just tell me and i'll remove it.

http://www.futura-online.com/e-tiend...-+modchip+wii/

Please share your thoughts on it.

Rey9999

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

Well, I can't say I've ever heard of it, but in my opinion a modchip that just boots backups is pointless.

"Backups" are pretty much illegal (at least in the US, since they involve breaking copy-protection), and Nintendo needs the sales of games. Nintendo is certainly not a company I'd want to be ripping off...

Anyway, until there's a modchip for the Wii that plays homebrew, I'm certainly not interested.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

Well that's you. I, on the other hand am also looking specifically for backup hacks for the wii and care nothing of homebrew.

It appears that the wiinja modchip is legitimate (read from several sources) but there is no user FAQ anywhere yet documenting the solder points, etc

King of killed the_eternal_dark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thund3rstruck View Post
    Well that's you. I, on the other hand am also looking specifically for backup hacks for the wii and care nothing of homebrew.

It appears that the wiinja modchip is legitimate (read from several sources) but there is no user FAQ anywhere yet documenting the solder points, etc
    There is no such thing as "backups" you pirate.

Thread Information