Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wii worth it?

DCEmu Rookie

Default Wii worth it?

I have the golden chance to get a wii my Q.is it worth it? its rly hard to get it in england right now and well im tight on the cash but if its rly good i will not miss this opitunuity i jus want u guys opinion

It truly depends on whether you're okay with sacrificing graphics for gameplay.

Personally, I feel there are at LEAST five TOP NOTCH games out for the Wii out right now, along with several more that are at least AA titles. To me, that's worth it.

It's a damn fun machine - but "worth it" is subjective to the person playing it.

Id have to say not worth it, and i know people will hate me for saying that, its just, ive had my Wii since launch day, and after a week of playing it non stop, it had become boring, with little or nothing to really go back to. Red Steel was annoying, Zelda was boring after a bit, and Wii sports was repetative. But its your choice, not mine, just my opinion.
    -Xiofire

SACRIFICING graphics?? How is it sacrificing graphics? It is at least PS2 graphics(better actually). Who even cares about graphics??
    In my opinion, the Wii is awesome and definately worth it.

Wii isn't on my get list, the Wiimote control looks like a big fiddle to get used to. I I'll stick to buying the PS3 when it arrives in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by YKB View Post
    Wii isn't on my get list, the Wiimote control looks like a big fiddle to get used to. I I'll stick to buying the PS3 when it arrives in the UK.
    I know old people who could pick up the Wiimote and play Wii Sports in little to no time. Unless your hands are broken, I'd say nobody should have a hard time with the Wiimote.

Wii remote is near perfect..no anologue buttons [ maybe "Z" but im not sure]

Graphics are smart [not best, but better than ps2/gamecube/most Xbox]

multiplayer is the best feature, and those who think sports is boring...probably dont have any friends...

FPS games are reborn...but dont bother with redsteel or farcry... COD3, could be best launch game...

DCEmu Rookie

ok that really has opened up my opinions o it but i really dont know i mean i think the ps3 is a lil bit of a rip off and nintendo is well dont get me wrong its a great console and everything but it seems a lil babyish i dunno why? mybe cas theres no blood in red steel or that there making another mario game or the fact that mp3 is a little i donk know cartoony? i am making rly scepital views and stupid views but just trying to express myself so that i try to make a good decision lol i think overall its kk i dont know that much about ps3 ei ther to j udge that so really im stuck!

Blog Entries

ok ok it is WELL worth it. the graphics are NOT bad and the wiimote is PERFECT. Zelda is a masterpiece and wii sports is one if the best party games ever. if you can get it THEN FOR GODS SAKE GET IT!! oh and if you think that the remote is hard to get used to then your pretty pathetic since my mom sister and soon to be father in law were bowling 200's in their 2nd game.
    listen to accordian boy. he know his stuff and he's extremely right!!!

Wiimote is genius and very easy to get use to. The user interface makes it easy to browse the Wii and is very "user friendly". The channels on the Wii menu are great.

The disc channel to play your games. ZeldaTP is classic and a very good game, my rating is a 9.8/10 on ZeldaTP. Redsteel is okay. There are a few glitches in the game such as screen misalignments, control movement locks, and various other glitches. I give it a 7.5/10. Wii Sports is great for partys and playing with friends, It gets repetitive if played excessively.

Mii channel is very nice, especially if your a Nintendo Fanboy and enjoy showing off how many Mii's you have in your Mii parade. This channels allows you to create a character that you will use in various games such as Wii sports. I give it a 8.9/10.

Photo channel is not something i myself dove into fully but its a nice feature to edit pics and such.

Wii shop channel is really nice allowing you to download classic games and programs such as the Wii internet browser (Opera Powered).

Forecast channel is a nice feature since it allows you to view local and international whether. It hasnt been updated much but it should be soon. 9/10.

News channel just got up and running and its a nice feature. Allows you to view the globe and see all the news thats going on weather it be local or international and it really looks great. There are several categories that you can view. 9.9/10.

Internet channel is really nice especially if you like to view videos online, the Wii allows you to see youtube videos. Great if your a anime fan. Browse all of the internet. Full version coming soon.

Share you wii number with friends, this allows you to directly message other peoples Wii's via your own Wii console. Also send your Mii's via Wii friend mail.

In all the Wii is VERY worth buying!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information