Thread: More PSP Woes... Return to Japan?

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy More PSP Woes... Return to Japan?

I started a thread sometime ago about problems I am having playing back audio and video on my PSP. Now before you start thinking I'm another lame idiot with barely two brain cells to rub together who can't be arsed to type "www.google.com" in to his browser stop; I'm not. (If you want to look at my previous thread I'll include a link at the bottom of the post.)

See, the problem is, up until now this problem has only shown itself playing back media from the memory stick. (Lumines and Ridge Racers are fine.) But tonight, I've borrowed Tiger Woods (cheers Marky) and yep, you guessed it, the videos which preview each hole hang the PSP good and proper.

Now, I'm pretty sure this has got to be a hardware fault (swapped memory sticks and updated firmware etc.) and it's not something I can live with. What I want to know is whether anyone else has, or has heard of similar problems (I can't find any), or if anyone has any experience of returning Japanese PSPs to Sony for repair. (Contacts, costs, timescales etc.?)

Wow, that got a bit wordy, think I needed to get it off my chest... You can find the previous post here if you're interested:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3338

Cheers for any help in advance.

Knox

have you not tried the firmware update? maybe that will fix it, otherwise the PSP needs to be sent back to whoever you got it from - i dont know if you could send it to sony but i don't see why not (except it would take at least a couple of months to sort out)

if it was me (cos im a cheeky chap ) id sell it on eBay and then buy a new one, i did it with my xbox when my modchip got a little old and incompatible with a few new games!

Quote Originally Posted by aseddon130
    have you not tried the firmware update? maybe that will fix it, otherwise the PSP needs to be sent back to whoever you got it from - i dont know if you could send it to sony but i don't see why not (except it would take at least a couple of months to sort out)

if it was me (cos im a cheeky chap ) id sell it on eBay and then buy a new one, i did it with my xbox when my modchip got a little old and incompatible with a few new games!
    Thats very doggy to sell something you know doesnt work.

i kno i never said it was a nice thing ... but hey

when i sold the xbox all the new games he got afterwards (sold it a friends' friend) they all worked ... weird!

Ohh yeah I'm sure everyones just dieing to trade and buy from you now. *rolls eyes* Dishonesty is for s$#@!.

Thread Information