Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DCEmu UK 1 Year OLD :) :)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up DCEmu UK 1 Year OLD :) :)

It was at this time a year ago that i launched DCEmu UK, a Dreamcast Emulation, Homebrew and Commercial News and Scene Site with forum integration.

The site was launched to compete directly with the likes of Consolevision and DCEmulation and to one day supercede them as a major force in the emulation scene.

My first quest was to find hosting and decent hosting which was free and with hosts that i can talk to if i have problems, with that in mind i asked friends on IRC like Keith of Emufanatics and also Passive of Emuhelp and they said Martin the admin of Emulation 64 and a network of 150 sites may host me. Luckily for me he did and so the hosting was sorted. Next was the domain name, i wanted Dreamcast.co.uk but alas i couldnt get it i did however get dcemu.co.uk and Dreamcast.org.uk but in the end decided to go with the shorter name.

The design of DCEmu UK was a design by James of XboxRules.com a site which has died now for reasons i cant work out. I changed a few things and installed Yabb and Coranto and with LyonHrts help the site was started, i gathered every emulator for Dreamcast and any files i could find to make the site with every single emulator for and of the Dreamcast.

Onto Easter 2004 the opening of DCEmu UK a site that aimed to make the scene shudder and to make the other sites pull their socks up. Some scoffed at the idea of me running a site other thanked me but gave the site a few months before it died, how very wrong they are and were.

Me and LyonHrt were joined by Soully and later by Darksaviour69 (Boob!) and the DCEvolution and DC Stuff teams who are Christloeseruser, Curt Grymala, DCDayDreamer, Captain Skyhawk and also friends from DCEmulation, Dr Zoidberg and Hawq and with help from the likes of Wacko who helped me with the new logo.

We had a Dream team of Dreamcast scene members all of them hard working in different ways and all massively behind the Dreamcast scene and full of energy.

The last year has seen this site making friends with the international Dreamcast scene bringing members and sites of French and Spanish speaking langages closer to the English speaking sites. We have also seen many coders come over to the Dreamcast scene from the GP32 scene, some of those coders include Chui, Scherzo and Tyrell.

The last year has seen Amiga, Atari ST, NeoGeo CD emulation and thats just some of the many great releases for the Dreamcast Scene.

Over the last year we have gone from the new kid on the block to the only Dreamcast Site that is updated all the time and a great forum as well with a staff that are the very best.

The next year and into the beyond will continue to be great for the Dreamcast and its scene as many more releases happen and sites like this continue to post news and promote.

Thanks to all who visit and to all those coders and helpers and also all the names above and anyone else who make the scene what it is and may we have many more great years .

DCEmu Regular

Yay! This place is cool, the people on here are excellent, and even if my problems seem silly most of the time, i get help from one of the great coders and users here.
    I enjoy my time here, and look forward to peeking in on an almost daily basis to see the new topics and look at all the new toys and joys for my DC!

Blog Entries

i got bored typing this or it would have been 10 pages long :P

CONGRATULATIONS WRAGGSTER.

If this is the 1st year , how will be the next 5. Hope to see whole crew in the future.

Thank You
    SH4 Risc LittleEndian

Congrats

congratulations!
    I'm new here, but I discovered this site when DCastaway came out,and this place has become one of my favourites as there is a lot of activity and the people at the head this site are obviously very talented.

Congrats. Long live DCEmu!

Nice news !!!

Dreamcast refuses to die, DCEmu wants to live!

Congratulations! let's help all to keep the dream alive!

- Yeah sure, welcome to the next level!

Blog Entries

yeah we are all a part of a team and the more we help each others the longer the dreamcast will live

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information