Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another FAQ for MapThis!

DCEmu Newbie

Hello,
    I'm brand new to this whole homebrew deal and was seeking some guidance from you guys. I know nothing about homebrew. I've read through some of the FAQ and all 11 pages of this thread but I don't think it has answered my question yet.

I got one of the newer PSPs and downgraded from 3.50 to 1.50 and then 3.03OEC. For the GPS device I'm using the Sony 290. I've been playing with Mapthis and trying various things suggested in the forums and so far Raj's complied one is the only one working so far or at least got me the furthest. So right now the mapViewer program is in the X:/PSP/GAME303 folder. I run the program and it gets to the the "Select map" screen and right now the list is blank. When I hit the X button it shows up with a screen saying "Please wait while map is loading" and you see the memory card doing something. How long is this supposed to take? Is this the screen that is supposed to be locking to the GPS, the one some are saying takes 5-7 minutes? This is where I believe I'm stuck cause while the memory card is doing stuff, I'm not sure it is making any progress as it is just taking forever. Still going no where as I'm looking at it right now.

Also, I read about you guys talking about different kernel modes and switching(?) between them? how is that done? is that just dependent on which folder you put your program in?

Thanks for the help, I just downgraded and such yesterday for the GPS functionality and I'm slowly learning new stuff bit by bit.

Edit: I think i know what's going on... I gotta get my own maps. Now I just gotta figure out why it's finding satelites but not connecting to them. I got 6 empty red bars...

Edit 8/17/2007. Slowly figuring it out. I also tried running the USB fix deal but it said that this was already run on my system and doesn't need to be fixed.

Most "fixes" I've gotten so far is 5 satellites but that's with the Green Proggie. 3 "fixes" is the most I got on Map This but unable to get it locked and tracking. It seems like it takes roughly a minute or two to find each additional satellites. Remaking my map so I can drive around with Map This! to see if it will track.

EDIT 8/20/07

Got it workin!

Default Satellite fix

HI,

I got my GPS 290 locally here in Beijing and installed 0497 on my PSP. Made a map of Beijing which I had to do from the non google, yahoo source as this is the only way. Mapthis loads up ok, map loads up fine but for the life of me I cannot get a fix, open space obviously as satellites need line of sight and do not work indoors. Is there any tweak i can do ? The maps work fine. I tried 0499 but get usb accessory error so reverted to 0497.

New to the psp so grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance

Scouse

Quote Originally Posted by scousebeijing View Post
    HI,

I got my GPS 290 locally here in Beijing and installed 0497 on my PSP. Made a map of Beijing which I had to do from the non google, yahoo source as this is the only way. Mapthis loads up ok, map loads up fine but for the life of me I cannot get a fix, open space obviously as satellites need line of sight and do not work indoors. Is there any tweak i can do ? The maps work fine. I tried 0499 but get usb accessory error so reverted to 0497.

New to the psp so grateful for any advice.

Thanks in advance

Scouse
    Turn of Wlan. *It emits signals that scramble GPS signals.

Go outside

Set CPU to 222 or 110Mhz *For 110Mhz go to the GPS info screen and press Dpad "Down" untill you get 110 Mhz

Turn off all Plugins in recovery.

If youre a Ta-082 motherboard user you might have to clean keys in the PSP "Not the buttons"

Try following my guides
    I heard theyre quite good

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help

Hey Deniska Im running firmware 3.40 oe-a. I am considering buying the psp-290. I'm just really confused by ur readme file and the different tutorials out there. Im wondering if the psp290 will work with mapthis .5 and if you could guide me with proper installation. I saw some of ur videos the product is really cool and I really want it to work. I saw that you might possibly live in the brooklyn NY area. If i could just give you my psp you could set it up haha. Anyway please help I've been browsing the forums and I am confused.

Anybody know if Map This! support TPQ(Topo Graphic file) format? (From National Geographic Topo! software)
    I'm interested in(and probably many people too) importing Topo graphic map for hiking or backpacking.

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy Problems with M33-4

I have really enjoyed reading this post and have really learned alot from it. The Map This! program is awsome and I had no problems running it under M33-3. I upgraded to M33-4 and now Map This! v.05 psp-290 will no longer run in the Game352 folder. It will start, but then locks up and restarts the psp on the map select screen. I have tried to delete it and start from scratch, but it still locks up. I can run it in the Game150 folder, but of course the usbacc.prx and the usbgps.prx files will not load from this folder and it locks up and restarts the psp just like in the Game352 folder. I can leave those two files out and the program runs fine, but of course without those, you will not get the GPS to work. You can only view maps. Has anyone else had this problem with M33-4? I have tried everything I can think of other than downgrading back to M33-3 (where everything worked great). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalaxe View Post
    I have really enjoyed reading this post and have really learned alot from it. The Map This! program is awsome and I had no problems running it under M33-3. I upgraded to M33-4 and now Map This! v.05 psp-290 will no longer run in the Game352 folder. It will start, but then locks up and restarts the psp on the map select screen. I have tried to delete it and start from scratch, but it still locks up. I can run it in the Game150 folder, but of course the usbacc.prx and the usbgps.prx files will not load from this folder and it locks up and restarts the psp just like in the Game352 folder. I can leave those two files out and the program runs fine, but of course without those, you will not get the GPS to work. You can only view maps. Has anyone else had this problem with M33-4? I have tried everything I can think of other than downgrading back to M33-3 (where everything worked great). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    I just got my third PSP because the other two i own has an older motherboard and the new one has a Ta-082 Mobo and i Bricked it and Unbricked it and upgraded it to 3.52 M33-4 and i ran Mapthis 0.499 wich worked fine and then i tried 0.5 and it to was running smoothly

I heard some people with TA Mobos had some problem with Registrykeys that has to be cleaned.

I had no problem with my Unbricked PSP anyways.
    I was running the PSP-290 and my own extracted .prx files from the guide i made earlier in my sign

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by garyk View Post
    Hey Deniska Im running firmware 3.40 oe-a. I am considering buying the psp-290. I'm just really confused by ur readme file and the different tutorials out there. Im wondering if the psp290 will work with mapthis .5 and if you could guide me with proper installation. I saw some of ur videos the product is really cool and I really want it to work. I saw that you might possibly live in the brooklyn NY area. If i could just give you my psp you could set it up haha. Anyway please help I've been browsing the forums and I am confused.
    You just unpack the rar file that should be 39Mb or so and copy the MapThis for PSP290 to your memorycards PSP/GAME352 folder

Take a peek at my guides and adapt the info for the 0.5 version

You must have a Custom FW PSP to be able to run MapThis.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PDG View Post
    I just got my third PSP because the other two i own has an older motherboard and the new one has a Ta-082 Mobo and i Bricked it and Unbricked it and upgraded it to 3.52 M33-4 and i ran Mapthis 0.499 wich worked fine and then i tried 0.5 and it to was running smoothly

I heard some people with TA Mobos had some problem with Registrykeys that has to be cleaned.

I had no problem with my Unbricked PSP anyways.
    I was running the PSP-290 and my own extracted .prx files from the guide i made earlier in my sign
    Thank you for the reply. I do not have the Ta-082 board. It is an older psp. I actually did use your guide to extract the prx files from Flash(0) when I was running under M33-3. I rechecked the files under M33-4 and they appear to be the same files (file date and size are the same) as I would expect them to be since M33-4 is just an update patch and not a new revision of the firmware itself. I rechecked the settings in the recovery console and I am still running at the 1.50 kernel. I did not notice that the update changed any of my default settings (although I might have missed something which I do not understand) All my emus and isos work fine, however I did notice that the game list under Mame is no longer in fullscreen whereas it was under M33-3. It just seems strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalaxe View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I do not have the Ta-082 board. It is an older psp. I actually did use your guide to extract the prx files from Flash(0) when I was running under M33-3. I rechecked the files under M33-4 and they appear to be the same files (file date and size are the same) as I would expect them to be since M33-4 is just an update patch and not a new revision of the firmware itself. I rechecked the settings in the recovery console and I am still running at the 1.50 kernel. I did not notice that the update changed any of my default settings (although I might have missed something which I do not understand) All my emus and isos work fine, however I did notice that the game list under Mame is no longer in fullscreen whereas it was under M33-3. It just seems strange to me.
    Try to move the MapThis 0.5 program to PSP/GAME352 folder and run it from there.
    There should be no problems, ive tried my old 0.499 and a newly installed 0.5 and it works on all my PSPs.

Thread Information