Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet Another FAQ for MapThis!

DCEmu Newbie

hello all
    i'm back from a travel in China where i'v bought a psp290 GPS .
    i have test mapthis in china with the last custum firmware PSP (not a TA-082) and the default map of the world and when i turn the gps ON it find 7 to 9 sats but the localisation on the screen is NewYork!
    here i am back in my country of France and i test the latest version of mapthis on a 1.5 TA-082 psp downgraded and the result is the same than in China. The GPS show the localisation in NewYork!

Can you explain me what goes wrong

DCEmu Newbie

Sorry , I've missed a step.
    could somebody tell me
    how to extract usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx????
    i do not find how to do on the FAQ ?

Thanks all

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,

I am using firmware 3.10 OE-A and using the prxs from the download link above and I cannot get Mapthis! to load successfully.

I get to the select map screen but I can't scroll onto any maps in the selection and if I press either X or O I get a grey box with some weird characters in it.

Any suggestions where I am going wrong?

TIA

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KC292 View Post
    Hi,

I am using firmware 3.10 OE-A and using the prxs from the download link above and I cannot get Mapthis! to load successfully.

I get to the select map screen but I can't scroll onto any maps in the selection and if I press either X or O I get a grey box with some weird characters in it.

Any suggestions where I am going wrong?

TIA
    hi,

there are many links, it depends which link you have selected. wether yo have downloaded the full mapthis software or updated one. also is it serial connection version or psp 290 . i doubt you only have the updated version and not the core which has EBOOT.PBP file. or maybe you have EBOOT.PBP but different prx's. if you can tell which links you have used to download and what files and folders you have, it may give some idea.

raj

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using:

PSP-290
    2.71 & 3.03 usbgps (in links section)

I have now DLed the latest MapThis 498 and I get Map this to load but it stops when trying to load the Map it just keeps saying please wait even though my map is tiny just 1x on GMDL.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KC292 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using:

PSP-290
    2.71 & 3.03 usbgps (in links section)

I have now DLed the latest MapThis 498 and I get Map this to load but it stops when trying to load the Map it just keeps saying please wait even though my map is tiny just 1x on GMDL.
    make sure that the name of the map starts with _ like _London and place it in the maps folder. maybe the map is incomplete. which area map hav you downloaded? try with other maps.

where did u get the map from?

DCEmu Newbie

Hi I have got it working now. With the afore mentioned prx'. I DLed the latest 498 build and it started to work, must have been something wrong with my first install.

The map is fine it is from GMDL.

The only 'problem' I have now is the slow time it takes to fix a few few sats. I will try other firmwares though as I know it's trial and error.

thanks for the reply.

DCEmu Newbie

Can someone post 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx? I cant seem to download from the line above...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hookwai View Post
    Can someone post 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx? I cant seem to download from the line above...
    hi,
    i have compiled all the files in a single folder. it comes with all latest files. download this and simply extract in the :/PSP/GAME303 folder (i assume that you have ver 3.03 OE C) and copy all your maps in the "maps" folder.

http://rapidshare.com/files/28483215/mapViewer.rar

and it is normal to get the satallite fix in 5 to 7 minutes. nothing can be done about this.

raj

DCEmu Newbie

I have the psp-290 and I have done everything suggested in the MapThis FAQ, but still can not get the GPS unit to work. I ran the green proggie and it gives me an error on starting usb BUS driver.

I am running 3.03 OE-C and am using MAPThis_0498 and 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx.

Please give me some suggestions, thanks!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information