Wooot - thanks a lot to all you upgraders out there.
You really managed to get me a lot more work - packing Pandoras like hell (but I like that. I'm happy for every customer who finally receives his unit!).

Over 40 upgrades have already shipped, another 60 or so will follow until the end of the week.
Good thing I'm getting 100 more units this week.

I'm pretty sure the boards will get more lively again once these units all arrive at their destinations.

Also, I've got some more good news for you:

It's finally time for another compo, held by my shop, the DragonBox.
I will post more information and rules as soon as I find some time to write them down, but here are some quick informations upfront:
  • The compo will end at the end of January. This will give the full christmas holidays time for coding
  • There will be various categories with prizes (ports, original games, emulators, etc.). So no port has to compete with an emulator or original game.
  • The system can be ANYTHING open... (Dingoo, Caanoo, Pandora, etc.). However, the sourcecode has to be released at the end - after all, we're promoting OpenHandhelds here. You can still define your own license.
  • Your entry doesn't have to be something new. It can also be an updated version of something already released. You can also release beta versions for public testing.
  • Among the prizes will be vouchers for my shop, a Pandora, etc. I'll let you know. If anyone else also want to contribute something, that's possible as well (of course)

Well, that's just a quick info upfront. More soon, but you can already start coding if you like.

Speaking of coding, you probably remember the thread from a while ago about the RPG Days of Dawn.
Well, they just started their Kickstarter funding today!

What does this have to do with the Pandora, you might ask?
This is an actual picture from the developers running on the Pandora.
It currently runs on Android (as there's no Unity 4 out for Linux ARM), but even without optimizing, it ran really really well already and supports the controls and buttons out of the box (now someone tell me the Pandora is powerless )

That would be an awesome commercial game. An optimized Pandora port (maybe even with proper packaging on SD Card?) will most probably become a stretchgoal.
It might even be that you can get special Days-of-Dawn-Pandoras (airbrushed) for some pledge... but that's something Tassilo has to reply, I'm not sure what his plans are exactly.

I'd be very happy to see this game released - and playing it on the Pandora would be my favourite.

So much for a quick update.
Good times are ahead, with the Amiga Emulator getting better every day, Slackware being an awesome alternative full OS, more users getting their units and some more games and apps as well as a competition.

Okay, back to work for me (well, first a couple hours of sleep).

http://boards.openpandora.org/index....me-2012-11-28/