Thread: Mortal Kombat coming to the DS

Blog Entries

NDS Mortal Kombat coming to the DS

via dsfanboy

We would call this the series that just won't die ... but, as Nintendo fanboys, we're actually surrounded by those far older. Yes, yet another installment of MK is coming to the DS, courtesy of Midway; rather predictably, we know almost nothing about it. The only comment given: "it [won't be] a direct port of a previous title, it [won't] be a brand-new game either."

This leaves the only remaining option: indirect port. It involves a wormhole and superstring theory. Our best guess? A port of an SNES or Playstation version of Mortal Kombat, complete with OMGawesome stylus control and a couple new characters thrown in for good measure. Meh

DCEmu Rookie

A Street Fighter would be better, but as long as this is played in a 2d enviornment like the classic mortal kombat games, then its alright.

Dcemu Coder

Ahh so you mean a cheap production and just that old crappy title and you will be allright. Damn if everyone could be satisfied that easy

well we need a good ds fighter so i'm optimistic

Dcemu Coder

Whats about that naruto game. That one looked really awesome!

nah that naruto game (retsudan?) was allright.. it had simular controls to the clash of the ninja 2... but honestly it didn't have combos.. you just tap the one attack button 3-4 times and you do a combo or you can tap it 2 times then use the chakra button for another combo... that's about it... the game is more about timing and blocking than it is about knowing combos...
    mortal kombat, marvel vs capcom, street fighter, guilty gear, king of fighters... those games are all about combos... (most of them are at least, yeah i know there are alot of crummy mk and st games heh)

DCEmu Newbie

I can just picture it now.. "Finish Him!!" .. followed by a zoomed in torso, and you using the stylus to jab, poke and slice your enemy with a samurai sword.

Love MK for what it is, but agree with previous poster that a SF2 port would be much much much nicer. Wake up capcom!

Dcemu Coder

Well i am afraid we wont see brutalaty,fatalaty animalaty and stuff. Anyway, sure KOS(SNK) is great. Virtua Fighter even better. Soul Calibur is my top favorite from the consoles ones. But VF has better timing stuff, and is from fight part most impressive one (i need a sega lindbergh) Anyway, i have played THAT MUCH MC, from part one to UMC, on genesis, snes, gb and gg. Its death for me. Really.

Streetfighter was great because it was fast. But its alo death for me. A new Fatal Fury would be best then i guess. But 3d cant hurt since those animations are muc better then 2d. They could use 3d in a way sonic rush or new mario brothers does.
    That would make a good 2D games with all these advantages of new games in a old favor.

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Payk View Post
    Well i am afraid we wont see brutalaty,fatalaty animalaty and stuff.
    And why do you believe that?

Thread Information