Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neo4all RC2

Dcemu Coder

nice work fox68k just wondering(as always) would your sh4 core would run on sh2(for saturn) ?

DCEmu Newbie

Works like a Charm.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for this release.
    Finally bonus track in Real Bout Special plays (not correct, however...) and Art of Fighting shows (garbaged) graphics. Little bug even in Metal Slug sfx.
    Wonderful work, however; i hope the final release of best Dc emulator coming soon...

DCEmu Newbie

Default sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Thanks so much for this, cant wait to get it running. Gonna try ragnagard 1st, My saturn version has alot of background animation missing. Neogeo through DC with a Saturn pad = brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by vbt View Post
    nice work fox68k just wondering(as always) would your sh4 core would run on sh2(for saturn) ?
    I have used the full set of SH4 opcodes so they will require review in this point. I know SHLD is not supported by the SH2, for example.
    The endianness is the same (correct me if i am wrong) so that is ok.

In the other hand, you have to take in account memory requirements: FAZE eats 38 KB roughly and FAME around 550 KB at the bare minimum (depends upon generation options though). None of them uses dinamic memory allocation at all.

The best way to set this up is to try to assemble the sources. That way you can see what opcodes are missing in your environment. Then, report me to translate to a "compatible code". Do not hesitate in get in contact, i will be pleased to help you out.

Cheers.
    - fox68k -

DCEmu Newbie

Nice work Fox... The speed up is pretty noticable in all games.

I've only tried Samurai Shodown 4 so far, but during play, the CDDA in the options sometimes switches itself off. Why is that? Is it some kind of bug? I'll start the emulator with it on, and it's all fine, then I'll notice there is suddenly no music, so I got back to the menu and it's in the off position... Only I didn't move it there.

I also posted this over at DCemulation.com

Other than that, it's pretty much perfect.

He already submitted a reply about SS4 at the 'other' dcemu board.

By the way, what's the deal with that?? It seems like all the same members but totally different boards.

Dcemu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by fox68k View Post
    I have used the full set of SH4 opcodes so they will require review in this point. I know SHLD is not supported by the SH2, for example.
    The endianness is the same (correct me if i am wrong) so that is ok.
    No infact the Saturn is big endian and the Dc is little endian.
    In the other hand, you have to take in account memory requirements: FAZE eats 38 KB roughly
    Nice it's quite low
    and FAME around 550 KB at the bare minimum (depends upon generation options though). None of them uses dinamic memory allocation at all.
    it starts to be high for Saturn I don't know if somebody would use it for Saturn maybe Rockin'-B ? I don't see MD games running at full speed on Saturn maybe MAME games ?
    The best way to set this up is to try to assemble the sources.
    Sure I'll try.
    That way you can see what opcodes are missing in your environment. Then, report me to translate to a "compatible code".
    It would be really nice
    Do not hesitate in get in contact, i will be pleased to help you out.
    Cheers.
    Ok thanks in advance, I'll try to assemble the sources during this week end.

Dream Coder

No infact the Saturn is big endian and the Dc is little endian.
    I think he was referring to the fact that you don't need to use the sh4's endian swap op because the saturn's cpu is the same endian-ness as the standard m68k. (big)

it starts to be high for Saturn I don't know if somebody would use it for Saturn maybe Rockin'-B ? I don't see MD games running at full speed on Saturn maybe MAME games ?
    Doesn't the Saturn have its own 68K co-processor ? Couldn't that be used for MD emulation ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information