Thread: Castlevania claims PSP stake

Blog Entries

psp Castlevania claims PSP stake

Konami is planning a Castlevania title for PSP - and they're not mucking about either, packing Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood onto the same disc as a full-blown 3D-graphics remake of the latter.

Going by the name Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, it's due out in the autumn.

"Rondo of Blood?" It's only ever been released properly in Japan, although you may have played a slightly less exciting port of it on the SNES called Dracula X. Don't worry though, they're not going to spoil it with 3D visuals, as the gameplay will still be ostensibly 2D.

What's more, an untouched port of the original code, along with one of the much celebrated PlayStation title Symphony of the Night, will also be stuffed onto the UMD when the game makes its first appearance later this year. There's no 3D remake planned of the latter, sadly.

Even so, it still sounds brilliant. Xbox 360 fans will want to remember that Symphony of the Night is also set to be released via Live Arcade in the near future.

via eurogamer

DCEmu Legend

Oh man, this is some mouth watering, blood dripping tasty news. Dracula X with a graphical overhaul and Symphony of the NIght both in 1 package.

Since the PSP lacks original, exclusive games, this is the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    Dracula X with a graphical overhaul and Symphony of the NIght both in 1 package.
    Dracula X is actually the sequel to Rondo of Blood. Rondo is far superior in all aspects (Graphics, audio, anime cutscenes). I've beaten all the Castlevania games to date, and Rondo is still my favorite. Thats right, I like it better than SOTN. So if you've played Dracula X, then you'll be in for a big suprise when you play Rondo. The game is sheer vampire slaying goodness.

PC Engine
    Dracula X: Rondo of Blood

SNES
    --Japanese Name--
    Akumajo Dracula XX

--American Name--
    Castlevania: Dracula X

via The Castlevania Dungeon
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

Rondo of blood was a goodie, it was basically a castlevania with turbografx graphics:P it had a cd soundtrack and japanese voice acting, that was a fun game, and sotn with an overhaul might be a surprise to the game, i might have to play it over again just cuz

DCEmu Regular

I was lucky enough to get the PC-Engine version for xmas in 93. I love this game and it's my favorite in the Castlevania series and second is Super Castlevania IV. I liked SotN, but it was starting to take the game in kind of a different direction, that I wasn't that pleased with. I am curious as to how this is going to be ported over to the psp. It's nice to know some people over here are finally going to experience this game and be able to play it without havning to dl it or pay over 100 bucks for it on ebay.

i actually saw it as a buy it now on ebay for 2 bucks one day, you gotta keep an eye out on that site, you just might get lucky

Thread Information