Thread: New Nottingham event aims to encourage new talent

Blog Entries

Default New Nottingham event aims to encourage new talent

Development agency EM Media is to hold an event in Nottingham to discuss the future of young talent within the games industry, featuring speakers from Codemasters, Electronic Arts and De Montfort University.

Public Domain: New Talent will look at issues such as the quality of university games development courses, the caliber of graduates and the question of overseas recruitment.

"The event is not the chance to try out a sales pitch or headhunt," said EM Media, but "a frank and open discussion of the art and science of games development."

Codemasters' Jolyon Webb will deliver a keynote speech, and there will be a panel discussion with Fred Gill (Electronic Arts), Michael Powell (De Montfort University) and Toby Barnes (EM Media).

"Working with Universities and the companies here in the East Midlands there clearly is a gap to bridge when it comes to the life-blood of our industry. Where do we find the next stars, how do we encourage people to move up in an organisation to a place where they want to be?" said Toby Barnes.

"With around 20% of the UK's development occurring within the East Midlands and some of the biggest games icons born here, EM Media has recognised the need to support the games development sector in order to ensure it can grow and mature to produce the world's next top games, both in terms of sales and creativity and innovation."

EM Media is a regional screen agency supported by the UK Film Council and Skillset as well as the East Midlands Development Agency and Culture East Midlands. Its aims are to develop a sustainable and accessible entertainment industry in the region.

The agency also offers a range of business development services for film, television, radio and digital media across the region. Public Domain: is a series of events designed to support the East Midlands development community.

Public Domain: New Talent will take place on Thursday April 28 at the National College of School Leadership in Nottingham, starting at 6pm. Registration is free and places can be booked via [email protected]. Alternatively, attendees can simply turn up on the night.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i was in Nottingham for 2 days afew weeks ago....

Blog Entries

oh yeah, damn if id have known

it was a work thing... but i did get drunk

btw you beer not too great, your fanta tastes funny and a sandwich bar would not except my ulster bank £20!!! other than that i had a great time..

when was over there i was thinking " i think someone from the DC scene is from here" did not realise it was the man himself

btw i was at the Moat house hotel

DCEmu Pro

Betcha if you handed them a Northern £26mill they'd have taken it

i think that was the problem, they don't know which bank it was (the taxi man thought it was the bank of ireland)

Thread Information