Back in June, Facebook introduced the web, iOS, and Android-optimised App Center. The platform is designed to simplify gaming for users while enriching the mobile experience, ranking high-quality apps based on player feedback.
The social network has now compiled a list of the top 25 rated Facebook games – inclusive of those built for Facebook mobile – launched in 2012 and says music trivia game SongPop bagged the number one spot, while mobile games Dragon City and Bike Race took the second and third places, respectively.
SongPop's popularity is no secret, reaching 25m unique players within three months of launching and four million daily active users.
Facebook said that while 56 per cent are only available for the desktop web, the remaining 44 per cent of social games are ready for mobile across iPhone, iPad and Android.
International development is on the rise too, with most of the Facebook games produced outside of the US in countries including France, Spain, the UK, Brazil, South Korea and Australia.