Thread: DS Speccy News

Blog Entries

NDS DS Speccy News

News of the work on the Spectrum emulator for the DS by CraigT

I upgraded my version of devkitPro to R20 yesterday. I removed all the old gba_nds_fat code and replaced it with Chishm’s latest libfat routines, which now contain the directory related functions I need for the file browser in SpeccyDS. The latest libfat driver also includes support for DLDI.

SpeccyDS didn’t have any problems compiling with the new library and everything seems to be working as expected. However, I have been left with a bit of a dilemma. I know there is a lot of anticipation for DLDI support, but there are still a few major things I want to finish before releasing version 0.3. I don’t feel like I have added enough to SpeccyDS to justify releasing the next version.

I may release it as it is now and call it version 0.2a. However, the border changes will not be included since there isn’t any sensible way to set the border size. We shall see…

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

Will the next version have support for the M£ Simply ? hope so as i really want to use this emu on my Ds.

I have been watching intently the progress of SpeccyDS and am currently using the last released version at the moment. And would like to shake the hand of CraigT as it appears to be progressing very well.

Personally, I say your the boss, Though i am waiting in anticipation (rubs hands vigorously), Its best if you release it when you think you should.

Keep up the Brilliant work.:thumbup:

Trooper

Thread Information