Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convert Japanese ps1 game text into english??

Default Convert Japanese ps1 game text into english??

I recently picked up for cheap the great PS1 Japanese wrestling game 'Frie Pro Wrestling G'. I've ripped the CD and put it onto my PSP and it runs very nicely.

What I wanted to know is if there is a way (or a website that tells you how) to convert the japanese text into english (ie patch the iso)? I know this can be done for some Megadrive, Snes and PC Engine games, but I was hoping there was a fix for psx games too?

The only jap parts of the game are the menus, but it would be nice if there was a way so I could alter em to English?

Answers on a postcard please??

This is a really good game (although I believe it is quite rare outside of Japan) and I advise anbody to try andseek this gem out and try it on their PSP's (the entire CD compressed to eboot is only 158mb). :thumbup:

Heres a review of the game complete with pics: http://uk.gamespot.com/ps/adventure/...ngg/index.html

dunno, i think that ps1 games are read only or something. there might be a way of replacing it if you open the iso in an iso maker (like magiciso), as you could possibly swap english text into the folders for the menu.

PS1 games are only read only on a PS1 disk becus they are on one write disks, there is a way of patchin games in2 english, ive seen it and i wood like to no how but so far no luck yet. try google and hope 4 the best i guess?

I'm sure it's possible... if you know Japanese.
    Usually it's possible to change the text around using Hexadecimal....

But if you want something to do it for you.... that's not your best bet unless you want something like the stuff from http://www.engrish.com

I am extremely interested in changing the text in my PSP Chotto Shot Software. I'm sure if someone made a custom kit for it it would be possible. And I would be more than happy to send them a decent Paypal donation. The camera works great... But I can't read Japanese to convert the damn vids to .avi...

Well I've been searching around but havent had much joy.

The nearest thing I've found so far for my 'fire pro wrestling g' game is a ps1 memorcard save file that has all secret characters unlocked. Also, every character's name is translated from japanese to english.

Its saved as a '.GME' and to get it to work for my psp I aparaently need CWcheat and PSXMC2PSP (but I've never used these progs before and havent got a clue what im doing).

I've sent a liink of where i obtained the game save and was wondering if there was a way that someone could please save it into the format that works for my psp? Heres the file: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/save/197349.html

English = English
    Japanese = Japanese,
    There is no way to change that.

yes there is
    TRANSLATION*****

Quote Originally Posted by scottyboynow View Post
    English = English
    Japanese = Japanese,
    There is no way to change that.
    Huh, why not, of course you can always translate it as jonezybaby said and it is done quite often by fans.

A good place to start looking is alwaysRomhacking.net they also have a few translations of PSX games there. No wrestling game yet, but maybe you can ask there in the forum if someone is interested in making a patch for this game.

There are a lot of sites dedicated to patching/translating games...not a huge amount of them are interested in PSX games, mostly because the ones wanting to be translated -usually- are 3-4 discs long and are -huge-...that's a lot of Japanese text to go through, translate, then re-hex in as english. Not to mention finding a font that will look right and fit properly.

There's a LOT of work that goes into translating these games. So your best bet would be to (initially) look online for a FAQ that simply translates the menus/text. It's not in-game, sure...but with the addition of custom manuals, load it up into a text file, and pop it in there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information