Thread: FullScreen Browser: Better surfing with the PSP Browser v1.2

Blog Entries

psp FullScreen Browser: Better surfing with the PSP Browser v1.2

New release from the Nameless

The PSP Browser has a big handicap: The resolution, the website shows often squeezed or are useless. The little Tool "FullScreen Browser for PSP 1.0" fix this problem. It resizes the resultion of the browser window to a normal resultion (as example: 1024x768). Now the websites keep it's design and are readable. This works on all firmwares since 2.0. No homebrew support required.

Version 1.2:
    - A big bug fixed, SORRY, I don't testet the code directly on the PSP, so I don't see that the configuration not work for offline files, this is because the browser don't save cookies from file:/
    - Added Easy Installer & Configurator
    - Google Search & Wikipedia Added
    - Small Fixes, code revision

FAQ:
    The FSBrowser don't work!
    - Have you installed it to the right place?
    If yes, you see the page instead of a error, when open file:/fsbrowser/menu.html
    - I can't open a page!
    Check if you have javascript enabeld.
    - The pages aren't as example 1024x768 or don't view better.
    Allyways enter the adress in the FSBrowser adress bar. Set View, Display to Normal.
    - On some pages the menubar disappeare.
    The pages kills frames, so contact the webmaster of the page, he can change this. But on pages like banks, this is normal, because of security reasons.

Can it fix the "out of memory" errors?
    No, wait for Dark_Alex. I'am sure he will release a 3.10 OE soon with the "Conserve Memory" feature.

How do I bookmark a page?
    Hold X when you over the link, thats open the page in a new window. Now you can bookmark the page. Access it over the FSBrowser bookmark link.

How can I install a Design?
    Copy the new design to /PSP/COMMON/ (as Example copy the directory SampleDesign to /PSP/COMMON/) and open the FSBrowser Menu and select Configuration. Select at Design the Select-button and Choose /PSP/COMMON/ > DesignName > DESIGN.PNG. Click on Save.

How can I create a Design?
    - Change the pictures at directory SampleDesign.
    - At the picture DESIGN.PNG you can add your Name, or what you like, its your info page.
    - Rename it to your design name.
    - Release it. (You can send it to me, I can put it on my site.)

This called an program? I can do this in 5 minutes.
    Yeah, yeah, and why do you haven't done it? I wondering that I'am the first, who had this idea. For me and many other people it's very helpfull. I think it's a good Idea to release (as tool not as program ). (To create a HTML-page with IFrame is work of 5 Minuits but the FSBrowser can more.)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

cool another release ! this app is really great

Did u fix the problem where you cannot do a site search when your actually in the browser? THe only way to do it is from the main page.

DCEmu Newbie

i have an issue with the installer it repeatedly announces there is no psp connected retry or cancel could a device selector tab be inserted into this app as this is getting really annoying kinda like drive C: drive D: drive E: etc... plz help

Yeah,more releases of this. I haven't tried this yet,but I have it waiting on my desktop to be transfer to the PSP. Someday I will...

yay, thx alot!

Thread Information