Thread: Team Xecuter posts Blaster360 firmware flasher install guide

Blog Entries

xbox 360 Team Xecuter posts Blaster360 firmware flasher install guide

via engadget

In a shot across Microsoft's bow, Team Xecuter has released a how-to for the installation of its yet to be released Blaster360 firmware flasher. There's a range of different motivations behind wanting to flash your Xbox 360, the most obvious being the ability to update your Xbox 360's firmware to a newer and improved version. Of course, whether or not that "newer and improved" firmware is officially sanctioned by Microsoft is another matter entirely. If the homebrew community's relationship with Sony regarding the PSP's firmware is anything to go by, it would probably be safe to assume that Microsoft doesn't even want its users to switch between official firmware versions, let alone modded ones that trick the 360 into playing "backed up" games. In the past the company has never stepped up and taken a public stand against any of these third party solutions; a position that could change due to the main innovation of the Blaster360. As the install guide shows, a user only needs to open their Xbox 360 once in order to change the firmware. Once the chip is all plugged in it's possible to change firmware from outside the box, making it very easy to switch modded machines back to their factory state. That removes an easily recognizable sign that a console is modded, and puts the ball very firmly into Microsoft's court.

Full Info

This sounds interesting to hear...

DCEmu Newbie

why do this to such a great system? I hope microsoft puts an end to this. I don't want my 360 ending up like the dreamcast.

Doubt it would lumisi, the Dreamcast came out too early for one thing, and it was Sega's if anybodies fault that the console was so easy to pirate, it had absolutely no protection against playing copied discs that means that you could copy, or download, a iso, burn it to disc, and play it, without any modification. The 360 is a lot harder to crack, and Microsoft has put too much money into it already to even consider it falling into the Dreamcast category.
    http://one.revver.com/watch/170516
    http://one.revver.com/watch/167200

Please click the links above to watch my stick figure animations,
    and please, if you have the time, click the ads at the end to earn me some money.

The Dreamcast didn't die because of Piracy.

The Playstation 2 killed it.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    via engadget

In a shot across Microsoft's bow, Team Xecuter has released a how-to for the installation of its yet to be released Blaster360 firmware flasher. There's a range of different motivations behind wanting to flash your Xbox 360, the most obvious being the ability to update your Xbox 360's firmware to a newer and improved version. Of course, whether or not that "newer and improved" firmware is officially sanctioned by Microsoft is another matter entirely. If the homebrew community's relationship with Sony regarding the PSP's firmware is anything to go by, it would probably be safe to assume that Microsoft doesn't even want its users to switch between official firmware versions, let alone modded ones that trick the 360 into playing "backed up" games. In the past the company has never stepped up and taken a public stand against any of these third party solutions; a position that could change due to the main innovation of the Blaster360. As the install guide shows, a user only needs to open their Xbox 360 once in order to change the firmware. Once the chip is all plugged in it's possible to change firmware from outside the box, making it very easy to switch modded machines back to their factory state. That removes an easily recognizable sign that a console is modded, and puts the ball very firmly into Microsoft's court.

Full Info
    how i hack my xbox360 please send me the easy steps please
    [email protected]

yeh the dreamcast v1 had no need for mods like firmware changing thats why it died, then the ps2 came out as you said and that rly killed it

Thread Information