Thread: Capcom Puzzle World Discovered at Retail

Blog Entries

psp Capcom Puzzle World Discovered at Retail

via ign

PSP-owning puzzle fans take note: Capcom Puzzle World has shipped and is now available in stores. Puzzle World is made up of the classic Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Block Block, and Buster Bros. Collection (itself three games in one). Wireless multiplayer is available via the PSP's ad hoc mode so you can share your puzzle memories with that special someone.

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo is a gem-busting game starring super-deformed versions of your favorite Street Fighter characters. Gamers can create custom attack patterns in Counter Gem Edit Mode and hone their skills in Training Mode.

Released for the arcades in 1990, Block Block features a two player co-op mode, allowing for the cooperative destruction of blocks. Also unique to this title is the constantly shrinking paddle that forces players to finish each level as quickly as possible.

Originally released for the OG PlayStation, Buster Bros. Collection is a puzzle/shooter that gathers Buster Bros., Super Buster Bros,. and Buster Buddies. An arcade classic, Buster Bros. has one or two players navigating through more than 50 timed stages, shooting and avoiding an avalanche of giant bubbles. Super Buster Bros. is an updated version of its predecessor, with improved graphics and the inclusion of Panic Mode which adds 99 levels of busting action. Buster Buddies is the most recent version of the series to be released in the arcades, featuring four original characters and even more bonus items.

All the games in Capcom Puzzle World have been updated for the PSP's 16x9 widescreen aspect ratio. This compilation is the first PSP title to feature a screenshot mode, allowing gamers to take a snapshot of their victory in Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo or any of the Buster Bros. titles. Players can also import personal pictures into Capcom Puzzle World that can be used as game backgrounds for all three Buster Bros. games. Capcom has even included an odd feature that lets players infiltrate other systems by virally uploading high scores onto their opponent's handheld.

This stroll down memory lane will set you back $29.99.

Ah the memories of wasting 10 pences in the arcades on Pang and Super Pang back in the day (although they were called buster bros every where else in the world for some reason?).

I used to love spending my pennies on Pang, Bubble Bobble, Robocop, tmnt, gauntlet, street fighter 1&2, Ghouls and ghosts, Final Fight etc etc in my local arcades and at amusents at sea side resorts.

I've still got the ps1 version of super pang collection, I ripped it for popstation but for some reason it wont play any music in the back ground in-game? ...I might actualy get this new psp release though seeing as its been updated to fit the 16x9 screen and the screen shot mode... and wireless adhoc mutiplayer fun!!

I quite like this collection, some quality capcom games on it. I just hope the UK sees a release before 2017? lol

Capcom... well what can i say, amazing.

DCEmu Legend

SONY owes a lot to Capcom when it comes to the PSP. I'm very impressed at the excellent treatment Capcom has given the PSP.

Remaking classics I grew up with like Mega Man & Ghosts 'n Goblins, as well as many others is very much appreciated by me.

Thread Information