Samsung has unveiled its enhanced Series 7 Chronos as well as the new Series 7 Ultra range, which will both be on display at CES 2013.
The Chronos is a 15.6-inch Windows 8 touchscreen laptop that comes with a 2.4GHz Intel Core i7 processor and an AMD Radeon HD 8870M GPU. Available in 4GB and 8GB capacities, the Cronos is expandable up to 16GB.
The Ultra is the former's smaller counterpart, weighing just 3.2 pounds – the Chronos comes in at around 5.8 pounds. With a 13.3-inch display, the Ultra is powered by an Intel Core i7/i5 ULV and a full HD screen resolution of 1920 x 1080.
"2012 was a definitive year for Samsung's PC business – we expanded our lineup, taking advantage of the new form factors and consumer demand. This led to significant growth in the industry," said David Song, Senior Vice President of IT & Mobile Communications at Samsung Electronics.
"In 2013, we will continue to focus on innovation delivering products that fit into customer lifestyles while maintaining Samsung's high-end design and performance standards. The new Series 7 Chronos and Ultra products are just two examples of what you can expect to see from us throughout the year."
Samsung has scheduled a press conference for January 7th at CES 2013 and will also present a keynote on January 9th entitled ‘Mobilizing Possibility’.

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/...samsung/029904