Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: PSP: N64 Emulator "Daedalus" update - Release 9 Coming This Month

stop using gameshark!!!!! lmao, unless u got green version. but green version isnt compatible wit pokemon stadium. hey how did pokemon stadium run in R8? i never tried it

"StrmnNrmn said...
    zodionic: I'll post a bit about the audio support and what to expect (and not expect) over the weekend.

I'm going to put together a detailed post showing a comparision of the framerate between R8 and R9, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait for that too

As for compatibility I have made a couple of bug fixes that will help in some cases, but in general I've been focusing on speed over the past few months so don't expect too much here this release.

As for technical discussion, I realise that this blog appears to two different groups of people - those who are just interested in news on the emulator, and those who are interested in all the techical details. To that end I'm going to try to keep a decent balance between posts which appeal to both audiences. We'll see how it goes."

Fri Feb 09, 03:07:00 AM PST

WE WILL FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION Of THIS NEXT RELEASE OVER THE WEEKEND!! aka 2morrow and sunday. =D

I Can't wait!!! I hope strmrnrnerasjlhrjk (Can't ever get his name right) doesn't rush it just 'cause people want a release. Can't wait for the BIG speedup aswell.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by xg917 View Post
    wow i just counted. ST pointed out that there were......... 6 small speed ups, i wonder how small!!
    and 1 BIG SPEED UP. now add that up. and i wonder how much in total the speed up will be in gameplay.
    Actually there's 6 small speedups, a "DECENT" speedup, and a BIG speedup which makes it even better, this release should be great!

this should be good.

You are my God

DCEmu Regular

Woot! Welcome back m8, keep up the good work

DCEmu Regular

Speed comparison update: http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com
    Looks like most games are getting at least 40% increase, very nice! But that's with sound disabled though :/

Cool Mario should be very playable so should Quest.
    Cant wait to hear a bit about the audio.

-!-
    /\

DCEmu Regular

StrmnNrmn responded to my question on his blog about sound emulation on the Media Engine :swoon
    Here's what he said:
    The audio processing is a perfect job for running on the ME: it's asynchronous (i.e. daedalus can be processing audio lists on the ME while emulating the n64 cpu on the main PSP processor), and the jobs are fairly self contained (so I can essentially just set up a single chunk of memory for processing on the ME, rather than having to synchronise lots of separate data structures). Potentially I can move all the display list processing to the ME too, although I suspect this will be a lot more challenging.

The problem at the moment is that I've not yet spent enough time investigating the ME in much detail, so it's hard for me to estimate how much work is involved. Once I've got this release out of the way I'll have to spend some time playing around with the ME

thats fantastic news! if it would have been 40 % faster with sound i would be in heaven :P

1 step closer to N64 on the psp

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread Information