Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Daedalus PSP R9 Speedup Details -N64 Emulator for PSP WIP News

DCEmu Regular

On his site it says 24 FPS in game without sound for Mario 64

Anyway, this si freaking awesome

He said that he disabled sound for the above posted speeds. So don't expect sound and decent speeds just yet. But Strmmmmn is definently doing an excellent job on this emulator. I think its clear we are all excited to see a release, so we can see this emulator in action with our own eyes. Strmmmmn should take his time though Im really looking forward to were the devlopment of this emulator leads too.

:::::PS::::::

Yay 800 Post =]

well.. its NOT 40 % speedup with sound.. its without sound. but when he is checking up the ME perhaps the sound wont slow the emu down

but i think it is fantastic with such speedup anyway :P

like xg917 said.. mario kart will probably be VERY VERY playable

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Harshboy View Post
    On his site it says 24 FPS in game with sound for Mario 64
    Wrong...

One final thing to note is that these figures were obtained by running the emulator with 'optimal' settings. For the current build, this includes disabling audio output.
    24FPS is no sound

DCEmu Newbie

how about adding some frameskip?

Quote Originally Posted by tgm123 View Post
    how about adding some frameskip?
    That would be nice because looking back at gpsp by exophase it helped out the speed with the emu. We will probably see it in a later release say the big TEN O

StrmnNrmn also said this in his comments after the update:

The audio processing is a perfect job for running on the ME: it's asynchronous (i.e. daedalus can be processing audio lists on the ME while emulating the n64 cpu on the main PSP processor), and the jobs are fairly self contained (so I can essentially just set up a single chunk of memory for processing on the ME, rather than having to synchronise lots of separate data structures). Potentially I can move all the display list processing to the ME too, although I suspect this will be a lot more challenging.

The problem at the moment is that I've not yet spent enough time investigating the ME in much detail, so it's hard for me to estimate how much work is involved. Once I've got this release out of the way I'll have to spend some time playing around with the ME

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by On The Rise View Post
    That would be nice because looking back at gpsp by exophase it helped out the speed with the emu. We will probably see it in a later release say the big TEN O
    Yeah, the way gpSP handles frameskip is probably the best I've seen on a PSP Emulator. It is so well controlled and smooth you never know when the frameskip (AUTO) is kicking in.

THIS IS AWESOME. I loved the original and I thought that this was given up on. But it's great to see that there is another version WITH Dynarec. Nice Work!

DCEmu Regular

I hope goldeneye 007 is compatable atleast, the best rom ive run on R8 is mario 64 its a lil slow but on R9 it prob will be full speed i cant wait for this release its this month so maybe next week? wooooooooo! lol

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information