Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SANiK's Mario Demo

Great job, SANiK, you've got skills.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Back to the game demo, if this idea could be used in a game somehow you could have the makings of an hybrid 2d-3d genre?
    I do wonder what would parallax scrolling would look like in that view.

DCEmu Coder

Well now that all the "fanfare" has finally died down - I guess we can all go back to looking at this for what it is - a technical demo for the most part.

"I do wonder what would parallax scrolling look like in that view."
    Never tried it - but I assume it wouldn't look pretty since the bent world would "expose" the true distance of the parallax background to the actual player stage. Which in turn would kill the parallax experience.

Well anyways, I can't wait to see what will become of this. MrMr[iCE] is working on a Tetris game (classic tetris played on a rotating cylinder), while others have "said" they'll take the task of finishing the Mario game. Hopefully they weren't bluffing. =o

As for me, I'd love to work more on the PSP, but I'm tied to an already existing PC project - so hopefully I can get that done within two years, but by then I don't think the PSP would be getting as much attention at it is now =o

"does 3d suddenly become better because it is 3d" no of course not, i never said anything about that, i just think 3d games generally have more effort built in, and i would have said that in my last post but i don't want to prattle on.

oh and SANiK, interested in helping me with a project? or are you all coded out?
    yes it's a 3d project!

i wanna do the media! and help with what ever i have spare time to help with.

Quote Originally Posted by SANiK View Post
    while others have "said" they'll take the task of finishing the Mario game. Hopefully they weren't bluffing. =o
    hey i'm not bluffing, in fact i'm learning 3d programming right now . i'll start the project when i think i'm ready, probably 2~3 days. i already made a cube on the screen, lol.

Back to the game demo, if this idea could be used in a game somehow you could have the makings of an hybrid 2d-3d genre?
    um, 'New Super Mario Brothers' for DS...
    Wii Homebrew: Chippy - Chip8 Emulator
    SameGame - Version 1.0

Homebrew PSP Games: Color Puzzle - Version: r2

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by IamAbe View Post
    It's called Sonic X-Treme. A canned game for the sega saturn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Xtreme

DCEmu Coder

dark heart - sorry dark heart, I'm busy working on something else:
    (colors look bad since lighting is turned off - all original art)

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey
    Har, PSmonkey lays down the facts.
    Just add a spinning world to the fish eye and you've got yourself Sonic X-treme... although it got cancelled for a reason so don't feel sorry for it (moving Sonic in/out of the scene was painful and induced a slow gameplay which just wasn't Sonicy)

is it a temporary answer? cos i can wait, lol. Ive tried
    email some of the 3d porters, but they don't answer my please !!

just so you know I'm serious about media aspects- i have 2 excellent model importer/exporters, 3ds max 7,
    paint shop pro 6, a range of different game tools, cool edit pro (music mixer), a texture generator and other things, also i will be an artist when i leave school, and Im eager to do what ever it is i need to do, do you want some examples of what i can do?
    or do you want to know what i have in mind for the port, again if you do want to help, i can wait.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dark heart View Post
    is it a temporary answer? cos i can wait, lol. Ive tried
    email some of the 3d porters, but they don't answer my please !!

just so you know I'm serious about media aspects- i have 2 excellent model importer/exporters, 3ds max 7,
    paint shop pro 6, a range of different game tools, cool edit pro (music mixer), a texture generator and other things, also i will be an artist when i leave school, and Im eager to do what ever it is i need to do, do you want some examples of what i can do?
    or do you want to know what i have in mind for the port, again if you do want to help, i can wait.
    If you are really serious, the best way to attract projects and to make yourself more 'attractive' is to havea protfolio to show what you can do.

Very few serious developers will take you on just purely what you said above.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Quote-tastic!

Quote Originally Posted by PSmonkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamAbe View Post
    C'mon people, Smash Bros.! You wound me.

Cool demo Sanik, but personally I'd be much more interested in seeing more homebrew games simply seen through to completion than delivered in 3d.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information