Thread: HMV gift voucher u-turn

Blog Entries

Default HMV gift voucher u-turn

Deloitte, Joint Administrators to HMV, have today announced that the retailer will begin accepting gift cards from January 22nd.
    The initial decision to block gift vouchers and store credit was announced the day after the retailer collapsed and entered into administration.
    Customers will no doubt be pleased with the news as the previously worthless vouchers, which many consumers will have likely received over the Christmas period, will again become of value and useable within HMV stores.
    An Irish grandfather recently made the news after walking out of his local HMV branch with three games after staff refused to accept his vouchers as an acceptable form of payment.
    However, it remains unclear whether the brand plans to begin selling the vouchers again or if it will strictly honour them only.
    Joint Administrator for HMV, Nick Edwards, stated: "Since our appointment as Joint Administrators on Tuesday afternoon, we have been urgently assessing the Companies’ financial position. I am pleased to confirm that, having concluded this assessment, we are able to honour gift cards."
    “We will continue to assess the longer term options for the business whilst continuing to trade. I am hopeful this process will result in the business continuing as a going concern.”
    Deloitte has also confirmed that HMV will move to pay all funds raised by charity initiatives, such as the Hillsborough Justice Collective single, in full to the relevant charities.

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/...-u-turn/030046

For those who have HMV vouchers, best use them -now- before this decision is reversed, especially if the store does go down for good (hopefully that shouldn't happen fingers crossed).

Thread Information