Thread: THE HISTORY CHANNEL - Great Battles of Rome

Blog Entries

psp THE HISTORY CHANNEL - Great Battles of Rome

New press release:

Leading videogame developers Slitherine Software and Black Bean Games have partnered with The History Channel® to deliver their latest and most exciting gaming experience, THE HISTORY CHANNEL® Great Battles of Rome. Combining cutting-edge gameplay, historical footage and battle simulation, THE HISTORY CHANNEL® Great Battles of Rome allows players to fully immerse themselves into history as never before.

Merging action and strategy in a setting that replicates the atmosphere of the period, THE HISTORY CHANNEL® Great Battles of Rome allows players to take control of a series of campaigns against Barbarian hordes, while carving out the Roman Empire.

Over 100 battles are available for play including the Punic and Samnite Wars, and Julius Caesar's conquest of Britain. Players can customize and control massive armies with an array of soldiers including legionaries, archers, cavalry and even mighty war-elephants. The game delivers battle realism in various environments, including steppe, forest, desert and coastline, with both day and night lighting.

Players can also choose to either plan their own battle tactics by selecting an army to suit a gameplay situation, or they can leave strategy decisions to the AI, freeing them to be involved in nothing but action!

THE HISTORY CHANNEL® Great Battles of Rome also features 3D special effects and instant control response.

In addition, 30 program clips from the archives of The History Channel have been specially blended and narrated to match the game and guide the player through the greatest story of all time.

THE HISTORY CHANNEL® Great Battles of Rome will be released on PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) and PC DVD.

Screenshots Via Comments

The GFX looks awesome. I wonder if the gameplay is that great though..

DCEmu Pro

Screens do look nice. I like strategy games from that era. the hbo rome series is also great, lol

Hmmm should be a interesting game to try out when its released. I look forward to it, the PSP definently needs some good commercial games to come out =]

This should be interesting. I don't know how this will turn out to be a realistic recounting of Rome's history... But we'll see... :P Good thing it's for PSP (I wouldn't have mind if it had been on the DS either).

This game could be awesome to play in multiplayer.

Awethome.

Thread Information