Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Alex's Open Edition Netwok Update downloader {WIP}

DCEmu Newbie

Could DAX implement his own custom firmware updater using the Sony's Network Update?

(I'm not asking him to do it, just if it would be possible, I'm not sure of my English here)

Another question:
    SamuraiX, you talked about downloading 1.5 + the latest firmware to create the DATA.DXAR. Does this mean there is any kind of restriction on downloading the DATA.PXAR directly? Is that illegal or something?

I'm sure someone could host it on their server.

You could put down a whole list of people hosting the file, and just have the updater go down through the list.

Can't wait to test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Could DAX implement his own custom firmware updater using the Sony's Network Update?

(I'm not asking him to do it, just if it would be possible, I'm not sure of my English here)

Another question:
    SamuraiX, you talked about downloading 1.5 + the latest firmware to create the DATA.DXAR. Does this mean there is any kind of restriction on downloading the DATA.PXAR directly? Is that illegal or something?
    Yes, it has been suggested a few times, but the general consensus is that it's not worth the trouble and it's not that much work downloading it on a PC, transfering it over and reading the readme.

Yes, the DATA.DXAR contains Sony's code, therefore it is illegal to distribute.
    EvilSeph - eXophase.com Administrator
    Great community, quality content, exclusively here.

// An Afterthought. // Malloc.us Network Owner // LAN.st Administrator
    ShellExecute(NULL,"open",(developer == true)?"http://lan.st":"http://www.exophase.com",NULL,NULL,SW_SHOWNORMAL);

my network update on 303oec currently has a reboot prx instead. when i hit netwrk updte, it just reboots. if i want i goto recovery or just to xmb. nice little feature.

Its a shame this can't include sony's files as we could of had this as an automatic installer just like sony's update

DCEmu Regular

I guess a program could be rigged to download both updates, the .dxar maker and the updater. The program would then have to automatically place the files and run the .dxar maker on the psp, move the completed .dxar into the update, and install the update. It would, however, be a large file which would tax servers and take forever to download on the psp's wireless.

DCEmu Newbie

So this will automatic update from Dark Alex's site for the FW and not sony? and with no use of a computer?

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post

Another question:
    The reason you must create your own DAX file is because oe_setup_maker creates its own IPL based on your PSP's IPL ID (unique) or something of the sorts. So If you tried to copy someone elses DAX file you would most certainly brick your PSP.

Thats why Dark_Alex modified psar_dumper aka Setup_Maker to rely on your PSP's unique IPL ID.

So the lesson here is you can NOT use someone elses DAX file!!!!

yea, definately has potiental.. if u could make it easy to use, and also very brick protective to ppl with diff versions who dont know wat theyre doing.. would be awesome

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information