Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dark Alex's Open Edition Netwok Update downloader {WIP}

But my dumps that I am distributing in my sig seem to work on everyone else's PSPs...

I've never bricked from using someone else's pack either...

it DA can gt it to work in the same way as sony's updates it will be awesome if not too much hassle

Well that was the original thought behind setup_make/psar_dumper with ipl support. Maybe its a non-issue anymore... but its a chance I'm not taking. Call me paranoid.... lol

ya there should be like an online database like installotron. maby u should try using some code from that. just make sure its all right with the noobz team first.

DCEmu Old Pro

i dont understand samuraix (maybe cause im thick), what did you mean when you were talking about the ipl, were you on about sig-checking or something (yes, i really am that thick).

Either way, every dxar file made has to be the same, otherwise the SHA-1 would be different for all of them, wouldnt it?

OK, here's a suggestion. I don't know where this gets the updates from, but if someone were to repack them as a gzip or one of the open zip file formats (ie not RAR) and host them for download, then the updater could not only download it, but also unpack thrm into the right places on the memory stick.

With some work it might even be possible to automatically download the firmware files as well, and place them in the right places on the memory stick.

One thing I've always wondered: is there a reason why the oeupdatemaker doesn't automatically place the DXAR in the oeflasher folder?

^ ^ Most likely due to the fact that it's being the OEUPDMAKER is running all the file out of that folder, so it would make since to put it in the correct folder but some people don't always put all the folders in until after the DXAR is created. So this is most likely the reason as to why its placed in the oeupdatemaker folder.

DCEmu Old Pro

because the location would be hardcoded (i.e. ms0:/PSP/GAME/oeflasher/) but for some people it could be ms0:/PSP/GAME150/oeflasher/ , in which case it would take time to copy/paste/delete the dxar file, then they would have to move it themselves anyway

^ ^ or that haha

This could lead to something alot more usefull. Like an installer from NU.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information