Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dark Alex's Open Edition Netwok Update downloader {WIP}

DCEmu Newbie

lets just hope it works, with so many issues it could seem like an impossibility, the file size, the dl time, dxar file being illegal. Although we're speacking of a guy who made the 3.03downgrader, that was a bigger impossiblity, and yet here i am in 3.03oe-c because of it... lets just see what these guys are up to, to see if the can find a way around these issues

Definitely needs to also download both updaters and create the dxar file automatically. Go the extra mile to make it happen, man! Try talking to D_A, he may help you with all the details of making that possible.

Sorry for the missinformation and next-time I think twice before sharing thoughts....

But back onto the subject at hand. I would go through the whole ball of wax and create the Online Updater to support the following...

Example:

Check and/or Download from server by checking internal PSP Custom-OE version...

If new version is found then logic should ask if you want to proceed with the download. Once Download is completed then you should be asked if you would like to run the PREPARE the INSTALL/UPDATE. Which this basically means run the setup_maker. Once this is complete have a nice little screen pointing you to the game menu for executing the install or update. (Ideally you would want this done automatically by asking you during the download procedure but I'm not sure if executing code through the update vsh is the same as running it through game vsh????)

----------------------------------------------
    FULL-INSTALL

/PSP/GAME150/TEMP/150.PBP
    /PSP/GAME150/TEMP/310.PBP or whatever latest PBP is.
    /PSP/GAME150/TEMP/SETUP
    /PSP/GAME150/TEMP/INSTALL

Execute setup_maker.

Then When its ready.... Copy DAX && INSTALL contents over to....

/PSP/GAME150/INSTALL-OE

and remove TEMP dir and its contents

-----------------------------------------------
    UPGRADE - PATCH

/PSP/GAME150/TEMP/EBOOT.PBP

Then When its ready.... Copy PATCH files over to....

/PSP/GAME150/UPDATE-OE/EBOOT.PBP

and remove TEMP dir and its contents

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiX View Post
    Sorry for the missinformation and next-time I think twice before sharing thoughts....
    It's alright, dude. The title below your alias implies that you are more knowledgeable then the rest of us.

genious!

Public BETA comin' up .

SamuraiX

Step 1:
    Everyone should have the 1.50 eboot by now. No reason to keep downloading it. It should have a default location on the memory card (determined by Dark_Alex & Co.). If you don't have a big enough mem stick to keep it on always, then just keep it handy on you computer.

Step 2:
    Via a patched Network Update icon or simple eboot launch:
    Check for latest Custom firmware and if higher than current, download files to appropriate locations on mem stick.

Step 3:
    Check for official Sony firmware (direct link can be added to a .txt/resource file during step 2), then download the official eboot.pbp to a temp folder, when complete, rename to 3XX.pbp and copy to appropriate folder.

Step 4:
    Now all the critical files are on your stick. Ideally they are extracted to the proper locations. You can now (manually or automagically) run the OE Update Maker. Once the DXAR is complete the update maker could check the MD5 (or whatever you use on PSP side). If it checks out, move file to flasher folder.

Step 5:
    (manually or automagically) run the flasher. If possible, when complete ask if okay to delete all files unique to this update (except 150.pbp of course). If not possible, create an eboot for the user to run that checks the fw version and if it matches what it intended to update to, then delete the above mentioned files.

What do you think? I'm not sure how much of the file management tasks can be automated, but short of more ideas, this seems to be ideal in my mind.

Sorry guys, BETA will have to wait till tommorow .

Quote Originally Posted by DrNicket View Post
    SamuraiX

Step 1:
    Everyone should have the 1.50 eboot by now. No reason to keep downloading it. It should have a default location on the memory card (determined by Dark_Alex & Co.). If you don't have a big enough mem stick to keep it on always, then just keep it handy on you computer.

Not a bad Idea.... If not found then tell user A: Either place it here or B: continue and download it.

Step 2:
    Via a patched Network Update icon or simple eboot launch:
    Check for latest Custom firmware and if higher than current, download files to appropriate locations on mem stick.

I would try to keep all updates (installs/updates/patchs) all within a unified source of execution. Keeps things clean and simple for users.

For example the Sony Online Updater would be replaced with OE Online Updater which would handle all three cases.

Step 3:
    Check for official Sony firmware (direct link can be added to a .txt/resource file during step 2), then download the official eboot.pbp to a temp folder, when complete, rename to 3XX.pbp and copy to appropriate folder.
    This i do not agree with. From where ever the latest supported OE SetupMaker/Installer is being hosted from (which is obviously a trusted source) so should the 3xx.pbp or new supported sony firmware.

Step 4:
    Now all the critical files are on your stick. Ideally they are extracted to the proper locations. You can now (manually or automagically) run the OE Update Maker. Once the DXAR is complete the update maker could check the MD5 (or whatever you use on PSP side). If it checks out, move file to flasher folder.
    This was already covered above in my post. But you mention something I missed and is extremely important..... MD5 check must be built in to the OE Online Updater for verifing the DAX file after its creation.

Step 5:
    (manually or automagically) run the flasher. If possible, when complete ask if okay to delete all files unique to this update (except 150.pbp of course). If not possible, create an eboot for the user to run that checks the fw version and if it matches what it intended to update to, then delete the above mentioned files.

What do you think? I'm not sure how much of the file management tasks can be automated, but short of more ideas, this seems to be ideal in my mind.
    Personally, I would like to see these options only within the OE Online Updater. I don't like to see clutter in my memory stick or XMB. So.... I guess we will just have to wait and see....

DCEmu Newbie

Hi guys, its my dcemu forum debut!

Anyway, Iv got D_A's 3.03 OE-A, its brilliant but it hasnt got any CPU speed. Does anyone know if this exists? Also, can I run devhook 0.46 (which has CPU speed which I need for NFS Carbon) with OE-A? If yes how do I install it?

Thanks
    Keane10

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information