Thread: Cobalt Maniacal - Quest for Help

Blog Entries

NDS Cobalt Maniacal - Quest for Help

LDAsh posted this call for help:

I've been wanting to work on a Nintendo-handheld homebrew project for a while now. I was talking with a chap (whose name I won't mention) about aiming for a big serious commercial project, but he has since given up responding to my e-mails so I've gone ahead and continued working on it by myself anyway. I have put together a small PC alpha version and am currently looking for playtesters familiar with NintendoDS and its gameplay styles who are willing to give some detailed feedback about the project, what they want in a new NDS game and how we could improve it, and more importantly looking for programmers who are interested in and able to help me get this project together and playable on NintendoDS hardware, and so hopefully later try our best to get it published.
    It's a futuristic top-down shoot 'em up, you control a nasty hover-tank vehicle equipped with multiple weapons (primary and secondary) and your aim is to destroy the bad guys and rescue the good guys, completing various objectives along the way and working your way through massive military bases, research facilities and outdoor environments on other planets in our solar system. Typical stuff, really. My job and focus is on the graphics, I've had a few years experience with high-quality 3D rendering and that's how I'll be doing most of the graphics for this project. Instead of cartoonish graphics like many other NintendoDS titles, I really want to push for gritty prerendered 3D graphics with a lot of shiny metals and special effects, some of which you'll see already working in the first alpha. If the project evolves enough, I'll be very committed to filling the project with some lovely full-screen prerendered video cinematics and cutscenes throughout the game.

Here is the team website, plenty of examples of previous work and other current projects:-
    http://www.violationentertainment.com/

was this unmentioned buddy of yours named eric? or is this eric and youre talking about me?

Thread Information