Poll: Did it work for you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] Dark Alex's Open Edition Network Update Downloader BETA1

Quote Originally Posted by LilSwish722 View Post
    Ok what you need to do is access flash0 through the USB. Go to VSH/Nodule and place Update_Plugin.prx there. Then you need to set the kernal to 1.50 Kernal. Then place the NETUPDATE AND FLASHUPDATE in the GAME folder. It should work then. However, I am one of the Beta Testers, and for some reason it would only download 90KB of the file. But it does work, if you follow those steps.

i didnt do that becuase i didnt read the read me, like i always do. i thought u put it in seplugins and run it that way. oh well. u live and u learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mc_Logical View Post
    just tried this but all u get when its downloaded is the 310flasher and 310flasher% folders and the oea update makers u still have to get the 3.10 and 1.5 updates and do it manually(not saying i cant do it because ive done every custom firmware maually from 2.71 SE etc) I thought this would of allready be done with the dxar etc anyway im staying at 3.03 OE C and genna wiat for 3.10 OE C or 3.11 OE C because revision C is allways the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSwish722 View Post
    Ok what you need to do is access flash0 through the USB. Go to VSH/Nodule and place Update_Plugin.prx there. Then you need to set the kernal to 1.50 Kernal. Then place the NETUPDATE AND FLASHUPDATE in the GAME folder. It should work then. However, I am one of the Beta Testers, and for some reason it would only download 90KB of the file. But it does work, if you follow those steps.

Well I suppose I will do it to test but I'm not particularly fond of that, I would rather have my GAME folder run on 3.10 kernal.

--Edit--

Well that now works.. so I suppose it's all a-go for the update downloader.
    Although it doesn't fully automate the system, it makes it easier to DO it, all you require is a PC and USB cable. Which is helpful in the eventuality you cannot download while at a friends or the like.

Nice. Thanks Xandu.

LilSwish722, the reason you only download 90 KB, is that you press X too soon. Wait till it completely stops flashing .

Quote Originally Posted by -Xandu- View Post
    Made by:
    Xandu
    WTF?!! The Network Update Icon Hombrew Launcher (update_plugin.prx) is made by the TEAM 280!!!!!!!!! You just hex edited the path PSP/GAME/NETUPDATE !!!!!!! Where are their credits?

And if your PSP just reboot when using this it's because you didn't read the TEAM 280 README file.... You must be on 1.50 Kernel...

I was referring to the application itself (Open Edition Update Downloader)...

Ooh... Don't they deserve a place in your README anyway?!

even if you've done the application (although, it doesnt work for me), you have still use our PRX. Indeed, it's not the big part of this application, but it's still here, so we should deserve some credits. and if not, well, ...

Sure, I'll add it now. I thought Dark Alex did it.. Sorry, Team 280 .

that's ok for me. thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information