Thread: Tow driver takes Playstation 3 from fatal wreck

Blog Entries

ps3 Tow driver takes Playstation 3 from fatal wreck

According to New Jersey state police, a tow truck driver admits to stealing a Playstation 3, controller and PS2 game out of a car involved in a fatal crash in January. The car, which overturned for "unknown reason," killed 11-month-old Brianna Dastine. Thomas J. Brunell III was called to bring the car back to state police barracks for investigation, he entered the 1998 Nissan Quest minivan and apparently took the items before leaving the minivan at the police station. The police noticed the items were missing while doing a check of the vehicle's contents.

Brunell, 34, who works for Rossnagles Service Center, has been suspended until he is cleared of the charges. Pat Rossnagle, co-owner of the company says, "If he did it, this is dead wrong. If he didn't, let's find out who did it ... over 40 years (in business) and we never had this problem, never had a question -- ever."

via joystiq

That's so stupid, making off with expensive goods from a wreaked vehicle.

DCEmu Legend

Funny how this only matters because the people are dead. If the person was alive and hadn't paid for the tow, any posessions in the vehicle becomes the tow truck driver's property, even the car itself.

Unless the family of the car owner paid for the tow or the police picked up the bill (which I highly doubt) this person was well within their right to take those items.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Wrongly Accused!!!!

These are outrageous lies. This man would have never stolen anything especially from someone who's lost a child. This man has 2 kids ages 10 and 3, works long hours to support his family and is a very loving and caring father and husband. This has caused him to lose his job and now his family is suffering. People have to get their stories straight and listen to the Accused here when he states that he did not do it and he never said he did either, he was harrassed by the state police and was pressured into making a statement when he was scared and confused. Before writing a story and ruining the lives of this family, get the other side of the story, so that you have both sides . This may help you find out just what details that should be printed or the truth as it may be.

DCEmu Regular

Do you know this man personally? If he did not steal it, then he is still liable for the missing items, for they would have been stolen while the car was under his care. A possible scenario would have involved him pulling his tow truck (with car in tow) into a gas station and having the items stolen while he was inside paying for the gas. Still, the most obvious answer is usually the right one. Maybe he thought he could get an extra buck or two out of it. Maybe he had to do this towing when he would rather have been doing something with his family. I'd be bitter if my job pulled me from my family at a bad time. Perhaps the theft was his way of getting even. Who knows?

dats well stupid :P

DCEmu Newbie

Angry Wrongly Accused!!!!

This is so wrong, i know for a fact this man would never do this. he is a very hard worker, has a family to support and just would not do this. He does not even like video games and if we really wanted one we have enough money to buy one...so point the finger elsewhere....

Thread Information